Motorcycle oil filter cross refferance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who wrote that whole post states in the beginning of his story post he is a electrical engineer. So the whole post is just "his opinion" on how motorcycle things work. It's as valid as anyone elses, who types it up nicely on the internet. For starters, I wouldn't put much faith in the filter listings. It lists the same oil filter for a Harley Evo motor as it does for the twin cam motor. Anyone who knows about them knows the Twin cam requires a lower micron rating then the Evo does. Just because it will screw on the motor doesn't make them the proper one to use.,,

Hey Ease up boys. The guy who wrote that is a friend of a friend over at the VTXOA.
This guy is very knowledgeable both book smart and seat of the pants smart. I know its more than just opinion. He's a darn good MC tech.

I have never gone wrong with any of the recommendations in that article. If you can't use it or don't like it then don't use it. Stick to your own source of filters. Its's helped me when looking for a filter in other than MC shops.

I get ya. what's the worst that could happen with the wrong micron filter? In the worst case where guys have bored out their cylinders and stuck with the same oil filter as stock the oil filter has blown apart/off from the additional oil pressure. I saw it happen.

He was challenged about the pure-1 being to tight a spec for motorcycles and his response was, phoey, he has been using them for years with no adverse result. That's good for him but, It's not advice one should give out to average unsuspecting Motorcyclists.

besides that--- he is a good mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back