Motorcraft "High Level Service Design" Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally the Ford OE rotors, ones with a basic number of 1102, 1125, 2C026, or a BRRF short number, are made in whatever country the original rotors came from. The Motorcraft ones, basic number 1V102, 1V125, 2V026, or a BRR short number, are Chinesium.

Out of interest, is there a specific period of time (e.g. 10 years) that the original rotors will continue to be manufactured in whatever country the originals were initially made? Reason I ask is F8VZ-1125-AA was initially manufactured in Brazil, then it moved to the U.S. and now it's made in China. Was trying to find the original BRR number, which is now BRRF-219, but no luck.

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS
Out of interest, is there a specific period of time (e.g. 10 years) that the original rotors will continue to be manufactured in whatever country the originals were initially made? Reason I ask is F8VZ-1125-AA was initially manufactured in Brazil, then it moved to the U.S. and now it's made in China. Was trying to find the original BRR number, which is now BRRF-219, but no luck.

There is no seven or ten year parts rule, that was an old GM Corporate guideline. Originally the 1125 rotors did not have a short number, they were a blue label part only available through dealers. At some point, I want to say 7 or so years ago, Ford added a short number to the OE parts and created the BRRF short numbers for rotors and BRF short numbers for lining sets.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
There is no seven or ten year parts rule, that was an old GM Corporate guideline. Originally the 1125 rotors did not have a short number, they were a blue label part only available through dealers. At some point, I want to say 7 or so years ago, Ford added a short number to the OE parts and created the BRRF short numbers for rotors and BRF short numbers for lining sets.

Thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

I remember the first set I bought, made in Brazil, which came in a brown box with a white/blue "Genuine Ford" label on it - no Motorcraft number anywhere. The second set I bought had a red Motorcraft label with BRF number, but I can't for the life of me remember if it was the same as the Chinese set I bought. The Chinese set came in a white box IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back