Motorcraft full synthetic at advanced auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came from there they have qt bottles 5w20 full synthetic for 4.99 a qt no jugs of full syn

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
that is less than what a Ford dealer can buy it for direct from Ford Motor Company.

That really makes no sense; I guess they think the dealers make enough on other things....

Well I know the semi syn gets good reviews I figure the full syn Is even better they also have all mobil 1 on sale for 5.99 a qt which includes high milage extended performance and 0w40 and also 5 w40 turbo diesel

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Well I know the semi syn gets good reviews I figure the full syn Is even better they also have all mobil 1 on sale for 5.99 a qt which includes high milage extended performance and 0w40 and also 5 w40 turbo diesel

The real deal is when they have the mobil 1 on sale for 5 quarts + filter for $30.

I just looked at Ford's website for the MC oil. They spec the full synthetic with a:

VI - 159,
flashpoint of 229C/444F,
cSt @ 100C of 8.3
cSt @ 40C of 45.9

Their synthetic blend 5w-20 specs at:

VI: 164
FP: 224C/435F
cSt @ 100C of 8.7
cSt @ 40C of 50.0

Is there really much difference?

Originally Posted By: dkryan
I just looked at Ford's website for the MC oil. They spec the full synthetic with a:

VI - 159,
flashpoint of 229C/444F,
cSt @ 100C of 8.3
cSt @ 40C of 45.9

Their synthetic blend 5w-20 specs at:

VI: 164
FP: 224C/435F
cSt @ 100C of 8.7
cSt @ 40C of 50.0

Is there really much difference?

I had no idea it was that close...Thank you very much for that information!

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
that is less than what a Ford dealer can buy it for direct from Ford Motor Company.

That really makes no sense; I guess they think the dealers make enough on other things....

no it does not. a lot of the motorcraft parts you see for sale at parts stores are sold for less than dealer cost, it makes it impossible for the dealer to compete, however it does get them motorcraft brand name out in the market.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Does the full syn also come in 5W-30?

Yes it does, they also have a full syn 5W-40 and 5W50.

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/Main/category.asp?select=%5BMotor%20Oil%5D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back