Motorcraft FL836 Specifications

I would appreciate help finding detailed specifications about the Motorcraft FL836.

1. Does it have a base-end bypass valve like most larger Motorcraft filters? If so, does this greatly reduce the filtration area in this small filter?
2. What are the bypass specifications?
3. Does it have an ADBV, and if so, what is it made of?

Finally, how does the performance of this filter compare to Bosch Premium 3311 or Purolator PureONE PL14476?

If you can't find it on Motocraft's website I doubt you're going to get any concrete info. I will say, based on other Motorcrafts, it will most likey be less efficient than the Bosh or PureOne (now called just ONE) which are 99% @ 20u. Hard to beat that. If you're worried about efficiency, just throw an Ultra on it and run it for a long time.

I'm looking at a FL-836 right now and it looks identical to a Purolator PL 4476 (no base end bypass valve).......Ironically,
I also have an FL 821, which crosses to a 7317, which does have the base end by pass valve. (the 7317 does not)

The FL-836 is obsolete and was replaced by the Omnicraft QFL-14.

IMG_8286.jpg

Originally Posted by pbm
I'm looking at a FL-836 right now and it looks identical to a Purolator PL 4476 (no base end bypass valve).......Ironically,
I also have an FL 821, which crosses to a 7317, which does have the base end by pass valve. (the 7317 does not)

Thank you! I wonder if it has the same efficiency and bypass performance as the Pureolator L14476. Coil spring bypass?
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
The FL-836 is obsolete and was replaced by the Omnicraft QFL-14.

Thanks for the screenshot -- is that an internal Ford parts computer application? Hadn't heard of Omnicraft previously, but found some of your previous posts about it. Does this mean that Motorcraft FL-836 is literally no longer being manufactured, and any currently on the market may be years old already? Is the quality of Omnicraft QFL-14 on par with Motorcraft FL-836, or should I hoard all the FL-836 I find? By the way, someone told me that the FL-822 and FL-821 have been replaced by the shorter FL-816. Can you confirm this is true? What is the efficiency rating of these Motorcraft/Omnicraft filters? Thanks for your help.

Back