Motorcraft FL-910S vs Mann W7015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our son has a 2017 Edge w 2.0 ecoBoost engine (a beast) and the Mrs. a 2017 Escape w/1.5 ecoBoost (mild until Race Chip add!) I change their cars oil so I usually keep extra oil filters in stock. The 1.5 came with a Euro made (I believe Germany) Mann W7015. Last one I ordered I received the Euro built one similar to what came with the Escape. The one I received through Amazon was this Motorcraft clone.(I know Mann bought Purolator). I am sure it is a good filter... but $10 for the Mann compared to $3.50 for the Motorcraft filter...ehhhh.... Media could be different but inside including relief valves looked the same and in the same location

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Have you considered putting a larger volume filter on the Edge?
I put on a filter on my 2017 Edge that holds an additional quart of oil.

I cannot comment on this specific Mann filter, but I cut open both Motorcraft FL910S and Mobil 1 equivalent : Although the M1 looked like a really good filter, the Motorcraft was well built for its price point. I opted to stick with the M1 filter for my wifes 2017 Escape 2.0 turbo. What is this race chip you mention , and is it available for the 2.0 ?

Although I'd personally use something better like Fram or Wix that won't tear.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
What is this race chip you mention , and is it available for the 2.0 ?

Anyone that calls a computer tune a "race chip" sounds like those eBay chips people fall for.

Originally Posted by tenderloin
…. Media could be different but inside including relief valves looked the same and in the same location
That's an interesting notation. Same bypass and location(thread end), would imo add to them being the same filters, just different labeled can.

Between the two, wouldn't pay the price premium for the Mann.

Originally Posted by jongies3
Although I'd personally use something better like Fram or Wix that won't tear.

Yup, I'd definitely use a NAPA GOLD, WIX or FRAM ULTRA
smile.gif

MC FL 910 filters have served my Fords well for several years. This is with my normal 10K OCI.

DSCF2864.JPG

DSCF2865.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2009Edge
Have you considered putting a larger volume filter on the Edge?
I put on a filter on my 2017 Edge that holds an additional quart of oil.

What filter is that? FL-400S?

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Originally Posted by rubberchicken
What is this race chip you mention , and is it available for the 2.0 ?

Anyone that calls a computer tune a "race chip" sounds like those eBay chips people fall for.

It's the name brand of a legit tune device:

https://www.racechip.us

Originally Posted by tig1
MC FL 910 filters have served my Fords well for several years. This is with my normal 10K OCI.

What about the few torn ones posted here by WellOiled? Motor craft quality I witness these modern times is very, very hit or miss.

"Anyone that calls a computer tune a "race chip" sounds like those eBay chips people fall for".

Straight to the negative/insults. I cannot understand what has happened to so many people these days...In some cases you maybe right about add on quick fixes but Race Chip is different. Works off the fuel rail. Amazing results in HP, torque and improved mileage with light pedal foot. It has compleetly changed the 1.5 ecoBoost.
Race Chip

When you drop $500 for a fancy black box with lots of advertising, the power gains are phenomenal.

When you drop $500 for a fancy black box with lots of advertising, the power gains are phenomenal.

Bottom line....it works...

Originally Posted by tenderloin

Straight to the negative/insults. I cannot understand what has happened to so many people these days...In some cases you maybe right about add on quick fixes but Race Chip is different. Works off the fuel rail. Amazing results in HP, torque and improved mileage with light pedal foot. It has compleetly changed the 1.5 ecoBoost.
Race Chip

Amen. Thanks for posting. I'll check this out when my warranty ends. Which level chip do you have?

And to keep this on topic....yes I run the 910S also.

Last edited:

Box tunes are real and they make real power.

What axe do you have to grind here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back