Motorcraft FL-910s cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Maybe for you, but I'm going to stick with my FL820s. Never had a single problem with one. The ones I've seen have always had glued seams, so who knows.

I'm with you Sir. I will never give up MC filters.

I am running a dealer installed motor craft fl820 in my sport trac its been on about 6 months and will be changing it soon so ill post a pic of that maybe it will calm the nerves
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: j4life
I am running a dealer installed motor craft fl820 in my sport trac its been on about 6 months and will be changing it soon so ill post a pic of that maybe it will calm the nerves
wink.gif

shocked2.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
45.gif
20.gif

Originally Posted By: dinkydau
Bet Ford would like to know about it. DD

Of course Ford wants to know about this. Having Ford look into a possible problem will get Purolators attention faster than a couple of dozen BITOGers.

Exactly. Screw up a bunch of Motorcraft filters, and whoever's been sleeping at the switch at Purolator will be awakened. The same might apply if Bosch decided to wash their hands of Purolator completely. They can bring made in Germany Bosch filters to Canada and sell them for under $5. I'm sure they could do the same with such filters for North American and Japanese applications, and sell a boatload of them.

Nice write up as usual jeepman. Disappointed to see this flaw show up in a Motorcraft, I've cut several in the last year that were fine and I had been hoping Motorcrafts had been spared.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Nice write up as usual jeepman. Disappointed to see this flaw show up in a Motorcraft, I've cut several in the last year that were fine and I had been hoping Motorcrafts had been spared.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Yeah, I was hoping the Motorcrafts had been spared since they are such a great value. Another FL-910s went back on this car, so we will see what it looks like in 5,000 miles. I also put an FL-400s on my buddy Ryan's Jeep 4.0 a few months back, so we will see how that one looks as well.

Other than your previous FL-400s with the popping off endcaps I don't recall ever seeing a bad one.

I'd still put one back on the Jeep in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back