Motorcraft 820s new smaller one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used the new Motorcraft oil filter it is a little smaller than the original one.. Just curious on the box it says same as the older filters just a little smaller what is everyones opinion

They claim it will perfom the same as the bigger one, I dont see how less media will do that though.

it says on the box new size same performance and actually its not that much smaller only very slightly Looking inside and on the outside there is a slight color difference the new one (smaller) has almost faded looking colors inside also...
I wish they put a few more threads on the base where it screws onto the engine both of them old and new look like they can use more threads..

Sounds like someone should cut both open so we can have pictures of how much smaller the new one is

Originally Posted By: Jason8691
They claim it will perfom the same as the bigger one, I dont see how less media will do that though.

Less media height, more pleats.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Jason8691

Less media height, more pleats.

Which also depending on difference in height and number of pleats may end up being more surface area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back