Motorcraft 5W-30 part number confusion

I noticed that Motorcraft has several part numbers for quart size 5W-30 Synthetic Blend oil.

X0-5W30-Q1SP UPC 031508054684 (Auto parts stores and Ford Dealer)
X0-5W30-QSPW UPC 031508625754 (Walmart)

Both have the latest spec GF-6 and WSS-M2C961-A1.

Can anyone confirm that they contain the same oil? I am somewhat concerned that the Walmart version is inferior. Phillips 66 has several synthetic blends that have this spec so was wondering if the Walmart version is a custom blend to cut cost. If no one is sure I think I may avoid Walmart and pay a few dollars more.

Thanks

More likely it's the exact same product. I do know that WalMart being the behemoth that they are, does in some cases, get a UPC code that is exclusive to WalMart. Helps with folks trying to return stuff bought from other retailers and I sure several other reasons. I buy motor oil at WalMArt with confidence it's the same as other retailers.

More likely it's the exact same product. I do know that WalMart being the behemoth that they are, does in some cases, get a UPC code that is exclusive to WalMart. Helps with folks trying to return stuff bought from other retailers and I sure several other reasons. I buy motor oil at WalMArt with confidence it's the same as other retailers.
Nailed it. I mixed up a 5 quart jug of VAFS from Walmart and Menards, the one from Walmart had a unique UPC, everything else on the labels were identical.

I personally believe the issue works the other way, where manufacturers don't want people returning Walmart products, sold at a lower price point, to auto parts stores without a receipt to have an opportunity of getting a bigger refund credit.

More likely it's the exact same product. I do know that WalMart being the behemoth that they are, does in some cases, get a UPC code that is exclusive to WalMart.
Valvoline told me the same thing. Same exact product, but Walmart gets its own UPC on the jugs/bottles.

It may be an oil coming from another plant or it's a way for Motorcraft to keep track of the volume of oil going to Wal Mart. Either way it's the same oil.

Thanks for the responses. This helps me not loose any sleep over it. I ran Walmart purchased Motorcraft oil in the last truck for 7 years without issue, but never realized the number difference until Walmart was out and had to pick it up elsewhere when changing oil on a newer truck.

And actually it comes down to the specification or license the oil holds, as long as they are the same then there isn’t a worry. If the Walmart oil didn’t carry the same Ford specification or API license then you have a reason to worry.

Back