MOTOMASTER TIRES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 4 used MotoMaster Total Terrain A/P truck tires for my Dakota and it has 9,320 miles on them.I know Cooper tire makes them and just thinking how many of you used them and how they wear and ride in the winter etc...the truck is a 4x4

Looks like all of the Total Terrain tire models are from Cooper.

As far as the car tires, the AW is made in China, the SE is from Goodyear, the SE2 is from Cooper (it is a very minimally disguised Mastercraft Strategy), the Touring AW/H is made in of China.

Yes im not surprized the Touring AW/H are made in china.I have heard of them and there is no way and i dont care how much they offer them..used or new.. i will NOT put my money down for them.Im on some trucker forums and let me tell ya..they dont care for them.The chinese Commercial tires are made cheap and dont last long.

Originally Posted By: Indy
I bought 4 used MotoMaster Total Terrain A/P truck tires for my Dakota and it has 9,320 miles on them.I know Cooper tire makes them and just thinking how many of you used them and how they wear and ride in the winter etc...the truck is a 4x4

I had the total terrain tires on my daughters Escape, and they were the worst tires I have ever owned, except for Firestone tires. They were dangerous in winter, as they had no traction, and the tread wore very quickly.

Last edited:
Yes im not surprized the Touring AW/H are made in china.I have heard of them and there is no way and i dont care how much they offer them..used or new.. i will NOT put my money down for them.Im on some trucker forums and let me tell ya..they dont care for them.The chinese Commercial tires are made cheap and dont last long.

Pablum. Doublecoin and Roadmaster tires work fine...I am seeing more and more on OTR trucks.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Pablum. Doublecoin and Roadmaster tires work fine...I am seeing more and more on OTR trucks.

I'll take the advice of professional truck drivers.
But thanks for offering your opinion. So how many miles do you drive a semi each year?
crackmeup2.gif
20.gif

I used to drive big rig but the average miles a year would be 120,0000 or a tad more..any who thanks everyone for your advice and comments on my tire request

..any who thanks everyone for your advice and comments on my tire request

Unfortunately, your question about wear is nearly impossible to answer with any sort of reliability. There are simply too many variables to give you any sort of a reliable answer. It can depend on driving habits, how well the vehicle is maintained (alignments, rotations), what is used to make the roads, all interstate or all city driving. It just can't be done.

What you could do is to measure your current tread depth, and compare that to what the tread depth was when new... and look at how much you've lost in roughly 10,000 miles. So, if you started at 12/32", and 10,000 miles later, you're at 10/32"... then you can roughly calculate your wear in the future (assuming your driving habits stay the same). In this example, you've used 2/32" of tread in 10,000 miles. In another 30,000 miles, you might use up another 6/32" of tread, and will close to needing new tires. However, this isn't perfect, as tires can tend to wear slower as they age (as the tread wears away).

Opinion on traction can vary from person to person. I think that the traction on my Michelin LTX's completely went to heck as they aged (and actually contributed to an accident), but others will tell you that it is the best all-around tire on the planet, bar none. I don't know.

My neighbor just dropped over a grand on a brand new set of LTX's, and he's not impressed at all with the traction, even when the tires are brand new. All I can say is that I'm not buying LTX's ever again, and I doubt that my neighbor will either.

6pna5h.jpg

I had a trivia question asked me today and I'm dying to find the answer but I can't find it anywhere on the web it's about goodride tires which is another off brand coming out of China what is their mascot specifically what kind of animal. Here's a picture.

sorry I know this is off topic but I could not find any other forms about Goodride tires and I didn't think it was worth a new thread.

Its been a few good weeks with my new truck tires and i hauled everything from sod etc. and they are great.I check my psi every other week and going to do a tire rotation at 6,0000 miles as i usualy do so i will measure the tread depth as well to see how they are wearing..over the years with michelin or what ever brand i have on were doing a average of give or take 5 years of service..so knock on wood.These tires are load range E and they are stiff and less bounce over the passenger tires i have now put away for future use.I know Cooper makes these tires and should hold up..so far im happy with them

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Opinion on traction can vary from person to person. I think that the traction on my Michelin LTX's completely went to heck as they aged (and actually contributed to an accident), but others will tell you that it is the best all-around tire on the planet, bar none. I don't know.

This is no different from opinions on cars, boats, or anything else. Unfortunately, that doesn't make the apparent inconsistency any less frustrating. We owned a minivan that was so bad, I probably wouldn't buy another one on a bet, but the same model year has been good to you. Lemons seem to happen. I know in my mind that the chances of us getting ANOTHER lemon minivan from that same brand are slim, but it's hard to separate fact from emotion. I know it is for me.

How people seem to have such wide differences in experiences on the same tire, no matter what that tire is, is beyond me. There are, of course, a lot of variables at play. Probably too many to list here. With this type of thing, I generally take most of the reviews available out there (CR, Tire Rack, etc), throw out the extremes, and hope to achieve something in the middle.

This is one reason why I stay with the brands that have been good to me, and is also a reason why I stay away from brands with which I'm not familiar. Motomaster tires aren't reviewed a whole lot, so you have a pretty small selection set from which to generate reliable data. This certainly isn't to say that the tires will be bad or good...but that's the point...if I don't have a lot of confidence in my understanding of something, then I won't gamble with my wallet. And with the case of tires, they're a riskier proposition than something like a TV that turns out to be a dud. I'll buy tires that I have a high level of confidence in, even if they're more expensive than others, because there really is a lot riding on that purchase... Will I get a dud one day? Perhaps. I haven't yet with the brand that I've been buying, but they're all mass-produced pieces of rubber, and I'm sure I'll find a dud set one day...just like I found a lemon minivan a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Isn't Motomaster a youtube channel that does car reviews?

Don't know. But they are Canadian Tire's house brand for many automotive parts and supplies.

Originally Posted By: weebl
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Isn't Motomaster a youtube channel that does car reviews?

Don't know. But they are Canadian Tire's house brand for many automotive parts and supplies.

The reviews in general on the Can tire website seem to be pretty good once you weed out the outliers. Can tire seems to allow negative reviews on products as well(I've posted a few myself).
In general the motomaster tires I've run seem to be OK, which I assume is what they are aiming for. Nothing exceptional but a fair tire at fair price(for Canada).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back