Motomaster synthetic gear oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to attempt changing the differential fluid on my 94 Safari this weekend after I get my exhaust work done (cherry bomb woohoo!), change the fuel filter, 2 spark plugs and cap and rotor. I picked up 2 quarts of Motomaster full synthetic 75w90 fluid. Anyone know if it's a good lube? Any information on it?

Don't know. I am running the Motomaster semi-syn 75W-90 in my front and rear diffs. right now in a Dakota. I will drain and go full syn this spring.

I've used their semi-syn and full syn in my manual tranny. Both performed well over time, couldn't tell any difference between the two. Castrol Syntec shifted a little better in cold. All 75w90s. Not the same application I know, but thats my 2c.

MotoMaster full syn (gold bottle) 75W90 is, IMHO very good for the $$.

I've tried Syntec 75W90, Qstate full syn 75W90, MotoMaster 75W90 semi-syn and a few full dino gear lube in my Mazda B6 (FWD) gear box before and I MotoMaster and Syntec get my vote. I used to do a lot of driving across hilly terrain and my shifting "feel" tends to change within a year or so (becoming notchy) with dino gear lube. Syntec tends to last the longest in between changes (2~3yrs typical) where Motomaster gold lasts about 2 yrs. All other aforementioned syn gear lube tends to be shortlived or a bit notchy to begin with.

Oh and BTW: Motomater semi-syn lasts about 1 yr before I have to change it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back