Motomaster OE Plus 2022

This still look like a Champion filter? Filter for a 2.0 turbo Jeep Wrangler and I had been using oem filters but picked up an OE Plus filter last year and I’m pretty sure this one I just got looks different.
Looks like an extra plate on top of it and inside looks different. Just curious.

Attachments

• DE1532FE-3965-4403-AEC0-D1670E12634F.jpeg
    DE1532FE-3965-4403-AEC0-D1670E12634F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 138
  • BBADA9F5-1B5B-4E17-A6C1-673DCB05E4B7.jpeg
    BBADA9F5-1B5B-4E17-A6C1-673DCB05E4B7.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 3C27D102-4C6B-4362-9D18-A0257F8AF28D.jpeg
    3C27D102-4C6B-4362-9D18-A0257F8AF28D.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 138
Looks like an extra plate on top of it ...
Doesn't really serve any purpose IMO ... I consider it nothing more than a "beauty plate". They could probably save some money and make production easier if that plate wasn't there.

Doesn't really serve any purpose IMO ... I consider it nothing more than a "beauty plate". They could probably save some money and make production easier if that plate wasn't there.
Yeah not sure what it's purpose is and last one I used didn't have the extra plate. Still happy its a Champion labs filter though.

Makes sense now that I look at it again. Threads are raised instead of recessed into the filter so I can see why this piece is needed.

Even if that was the real reason for the plate, it really isn't needed and might only be useful if someone could not see the filter mount at all. 98% of the filters in the world don't have it

It would actually be more useful if the threaded hole in the base plate was below the plate, but that might not work because of how most filter mounts are designed.

Yeah not sure what it's purpose is and last one I used didn't have the extra plate.....
Brian is correct, at least as far as "Champ Labs stated purpose" for the auxiliary plate. Afaik, 'initially' the ecore didn't have the extra plate, so those OFs all had a non-beveled protruding thread boss. Not long after, they added the auxiliary plate to make installation easier, especially in blind and/or hard to reach locations. Idea being to make lining up OF with block mounting stud easier, not as exacting as without the plate. Small application Fram filters like the 7317 use the same thread boss design without the plate. Agree or disagree with Champ, that's how it was promoted.

I have read some crazy ideas about the extra plate in comments sections in youtubes on Champ ecores. Things like it functions to swirl and better distribute the oil in the OF and increase flow. :ROFLMAO: Folks firmly believe that.

To topic filter, be interesting to see if the MM uses metal endcaps found in most Super Tech and all ACDelco ecores now. Afaik, some ecore OFs still use the polyester endcaps. Speculate MM uses the newer metal design.

Last edited:
Back