Moron Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Is there a 4th of July in England? Yes or no?

2. How many birthdays does the average man have?

3. Some months have 31 days. How many have 28?

4. How many outs are there in an inning?

5. Can a man in California marry his widow's sister?

6. Take the number 30, divide it by 1/2, and then add 10. .........What do you get?

7. There are 3 apples and you take two away. How many apples are you left with?

8. A doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half an hour.... How long will the pills last?

9. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 of them die. How many sheep are left?

10. How many animals of each sex did Moses bring with him on the ark?

11. A butcher in the market is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?

12. How many 2 cent stamps are there in a dozen?

13. What was the President's name in 1960?

Have you answered all of the questions? If so, scroll down to see the answers.

1. Is there a 4th of July in England? Yes or No?
....Yes. It comes right after the 3rd

2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
.....One (1). You can only be born once

3. Some months have 31 days. How many have 28?
.....Twelve (12). All of them have at least 28 days.

4. How many outs are there in an inning?
.... Six (6). Don't forget there is a top and bottom to every inning

5. Can a man in California marry his widow's sister?
....No. He must be dead if it is his widow

6. Take the number 30, divide it by 1/2, and then add 10. What do you get?
..... Seventy (70). Thirty (30) divided by 1/2 is 60

7. There are 3 apples and you take two away. How many apples are you left with?
..Two (2). You take two apples .. therefore YOU have TWO apples.

8. A doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half an hour. How long will the pills last?
......One hour. If you take the first pill at 1:00, the second at 1:30, and the third at 2:00, the pills have run out and only one hour has passed.

9. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 of them die. How many sheep are left?
..... Nine (9). Like I said, all BUT nine die

10. How many animals of each sex did Moses have on the ark?
...... None. I didn't know that Moses had an ark.

11. A butcher in the market is 5' 10 tall. What does he weigh?
..... Meat ... that is self-explanatory.

12. How many 2 cent stamps are there in a dozen?
...Twelve (12). How many eggs are in a dozen? TWELVE ... It's a dozen .

... George W. Bush. As far as I know, he hasn't changed his name.

So, how did we do?

13 correct.........GENIUS...you are good.

10-12 correct....ABOVE AVERAGE...but don't let it go to your head.

7-9 correct........AVERAGE...but who wants to be average?

4-6 correct..........SLOW...pay attention to the questions!

1-3 correct..........IDIOT...what else can be said?

0 correct......CONGRATULATIONS, you are a certified MORON!

I must admit I struggled with #5*, but I did get them all correct. (only because I know the test was designed for morons, not an idiot such as myself)

*I go into immediate brain lock when someone starts one of those sister gives birth to her grandfather's fourth cousin twice removed nephew's aunt questions.....

I also thought IKE was president in 1960. JFK was inaugurated until 1961. Be that as it is, I only got 6 right. Or maybe I shouldnt admit that..........

Just a couple of notes here.

Regarding question number 8,the pills themselves last one hour.In our mind we tend to think how long they last from when we take them until they run out.An example would be,take one pill every eight hours.Hence the dose lasts eight hours.

This is not what the question is asking.It asks how long the pills would be in our possession.

The answer is one hour.

We take one at 1:00,then 30 min. later we take the next and 30 min. later,we take the last one.

Considering the question and the way the pills are taken,they last one hour.

The next note is regarding question 13.

It is not asking WHO was president but what is the presidents name in 1960.

The President is George Bush,Ike WAS a president but he is NOT 'the' president.

The question asks what WAS the presidents name in 1960.It doesnt ask WHO was the president in 1960.

Hence the correct answer is George Bush.

quote:

Originally posted by motorguy222:
This is not what the question is asking.It asks how long the pills would be in our possession.

I disagree. The question asks "How long will the pills last?"

Other views:

The doctor has instructed one be take every half hour. Do you wait 30 minutes prior to taking the first one? The doctor did not intruct to take one now and then one every half hour after. Using this scenario, you would be on possession of at least one pill until 90 minutes later.

This brings up another possiblity. After you take the first two pills, you will no longer have pills, but instead have a pill.

quote:

Considering that a President of the US retains the title President even after he is out of office, I would say the corect answer is "Which one?"

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Don't you just love BITOG.com? We analize everything
grin.gif

If I counted the pill question as wrong, which I don't I still had 11 right.

Number 13 also had another flaw. It doesn't specify which president. As a paramedic, "who is the president" is a common question to establish if someone is oriented or not. I used to work on a indian reservation. Many native americans answered this question with the name of the Seneca Nation of Indians Presdient and not the President of the United States.

[ January 21, 2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: medic ]

The pills last one hour,the question didnt ask or state the duration or the length that the pills dosage would last,it only instructed the person to take one every thirty minutes.

From the first pill to the second is 30 min.

From the second pill to the third is 30 min.

This means that all of the pills are taken within a one hour period.

As far as the president,it is commaon sense(no offense to Native Americans,that when we refer to whom is president that wer are talking of the US president.

It only stands to reason that when Jay Leno asks who is president that he is talking of the US and not of France etc.

This isn't worth arguing about. The question is vague, and therefore open to interpretation. The way you interpret the question, your answer is correct. The way I interpret the question, it is too vague, and therefore doesn't have a right answer.

If Jay Leno was interviewing Agathe Sanson, and asked who the president is, he would probably get an answer of Jacques Chirac.

[ January 21, 2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: medic ]

quote:

8. A doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half an hour. How long will the pills last?
......One hour. If you take the first pill at 1:00, the second at 1:30, and the third at 2:00, the pills have run out and only one hour has passed.

Unknown - the half life of the medication isn't given.

But, assuming that the half life of the medication is 30 minutes, each pill would last 30 minutes.

Take the first at 1 pm, it would last until 1:30 at whcih time you would take the second and so on. The final pill would last until 2:30 and therefore, the pills would last 90 minutes.

My dad always told me I should've been a lawyer
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back