More of Delta's Vehicle Shenanigans

So several months ago we thought having two trucks would be cool. Yea, it got old quick. Loading groceries or the like was an interesting task. Also had been tracing vibration and metallic grinding noises since I bought the 2014 Tacoma. So, enough was enough and I started searching for something else...

Was looking at some new VW Tiguan's and what options I could order. Just didn't work out with our budget. Seen a 2018 Subaru Outback base model at a Subaru dealer near me and went to check it out. Luck would have it, it was sold and being transferred to another store. Walked around their used lot a little bit (had about 170 used vehicles in stock) and didn't see anything that really interested us. Sales guy told us to look at the lot of cars that just came in or waiting to go on the lot. Luck would have it they had a '19 Outback 2.5i Premium that had just gotten out of recon/certification. Sold!

Has almost 61K miles on it, but appears to be well taken care of and has a decent service record. Being a "certified" used it does have a 7y/100K powertrain warranty so that's nice. There's way too many little gadgets on this thing I have to learn. All the owners manuals and supplement packets looks like a darn encyclopedia! :ROFLMAO:

The 2.5 engine has decent power, nothing crazy, but powers the wagon along pretty good. I honestly don't hate the CVT. I was kinda reserved on it, but the fake shift points make it tolerable. It rides and handles nice enough for me. I took it through some curvy and hilly roads on the test drive and it did fine. This is our first Subaru, so I hope it will be a good vehicle.

So, I'm done with buying and trading vehicles for a while!

Without further ado...

J8AiAvz.jpg

9ygJ3se.jpg

0w6QoOx.jpg

tBZrlXi.jpg

Dealer was changing their computer system so they couldn't complete all paperwork needed, so they sent us home with a dealer tag for a couple days till their system comes online. That's why you see a Maryland tag on it when I live in PA.

ditching a toyota for a subaru is hardly a smart move!
Oil changes are easier! :ROFLMAO:

So several months ago we thought having two trucks would be cool. Yea, it got old quick. Loading groceries or the like was an interesting task.
Yeah, we learned that the hard way with my truck. Even with a bed cover and a bed rug, it sucks during the summer time. All of the groceries end up going inside the cab anyway.

Been driving it for a couple day this week to work, and I really like it! Not the most powerful thing out there, but rides and handles good. Has a decent stereo/speakers in it. Thing has a helluva set of headlights on it. Pretty important as I work 2nd shift so I come home in the dark. Best part is it seems to be getting decent fuel mileage. Fuel gauge has barely moved since I filled it up. Either trucks ain't like that... :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations on the new Subie! Please, I beg you, buy HPL oil and let it keep the ringpacks clean; I don't know of anyone at 100k miles or more that doesn't burn oil on their 2.5 FB motors.

Last edited:
I had one 5 model years earlier, 2.5 motor and CVT. It did the job plenty good. I did lose most of my drag races at the quarter mile strip though.

Congratulations on the new Subie! Please, I beg you, buy HPL oil and let it keep the ringpacks clean; I don't know of anyone at 100k miles or more that doesn't burn oil on their 2.5 FB motors.

This one will be fed a diet of 5w30 Synthetic (whatever is on sale at the time) and 5K oil change intervals. I can understand the idea of HPL products, but that is just far too much for this thing.

I had one 5 model years earlier, 2.5 motor and CVT. It did the job plenty good. I did lose most of my drag races at the quarter mile strip though.

Yea it definitely doesn't win any races and you gotta plan passing, but it is adequate for us. My "speed racer" days were over when I sold my GTI...

Back