More home made junk tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the hardline straightener. $56 in material and a peaceful day in the shop.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Reminds me of the uncoiler-straighteners at work for the stamping presses. I see you can accommodate 4 different diameter pipe, good call.

Originally Posted by Kira
Looks as if you can work 4 parallel lengths of pipe at a time.

Looks more like it can accommodate 4 different diameters of pipe as separate actions. Maybe it can do 4 at once but why stress it, and what would you gain if you have to pull them through either all 4 together or have to lube or clamp together the tubing to control feed rate? I guess I'd have to use it to know that.

Last edited:
I came in expecting some actual junk, and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice looking tool!

Did you machine the rollers yourself?

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
If that's junk we need to see what your definition of high quality is.
shocked2.gif

Me +1 in line also.

Jeff..... just 1 if it is set correctly. We think if we get solid rods of the different sizes to use as a set up gauge it will speed the set up. The tube shown is -4 1/4" and we are 1/2 turn past straight through. In tube bending you always have to allow for what is called spring back which is more than likely why we have to go a hair past straight through to make it straight. I'm also fairly sure that this will also change when we start working with the stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back