More home made junk tools

Reminds me of the uncoiler-straighteners at work for the stamping presses. I see you can accommodate 4 different diameter pipe, good call.

Originally Posted by Kira
Looks as if you can work 4 parallel lengths of pipe at a time.
Looks more like it can accommodate 4 different diameters of pipe as separate actions. Maybe it can do 4 at once but why stress it, and what would you gain if you have to pull them through either all 4 together or have to lube or clamp together the tubing to control feed rate? I guess I'd have to use it to know that.

Last edited:
I came in expecting some actual junk, and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice looking tool! Did you machine the rollers yourself?

P10crew

[quote=Skippy722 Did you machine the rollers yourself?[/quote] No they were tube benders that were on sale.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
If that's junk we need to see what your definition of high quality is. shocked2
Me +1 in line also.

P10crew

Jeff..... just 1 if it is set correctly. We think if we get solid rods of the different sizes to use as a set up gauge it will speed the set up. The tube shown is -4 1/4" and we are 1/2 turn past straight through. In tube bending you always have to allow for what is called spring back which is more than likely why we have to go a hair past straight through to make it straight. I'm also fairly sure that this will also change when we start working with the stainless.