More Counterfeit NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs

I would never consider 5starautoparts2015 as “supposedly reputable”. Good that you received a refund.

Thanks for posting the pictures. It is helpful to see the difference in the fakes and real plugs. It's a shame that we have to watch out for this now.

Last edited:
Possible stupid question but, where do they actually manufacture these counterfeit parts?

second and third world factories- normally paid off and protected by the local govts and with a few things- the actual OEM makes the bootlegs.

It takes very heavy and specialized equipment, many separate operations, medium skilled labor, lots of raw materials and a supply chain to make plugs- they are not made by 2 guys in their shop on the weekend.

I received fake Motorcraft plugs from Amazon and asked Ford to investigate and verify. They said they would form my pictures and were going to order from the same vendor. After multiple attempts to get an answer I eventually gave up and bought from Advance Auto and they were different. Pretty disappointed in Ford though. They continually disappoint and fail me all the time making me rethink my next vehicle for sure. Customer service and quality simply aren't the same anymore at Ford.

Back