Moped engine lubrications

Hello there,
I bought 4 stroke moped, 113 cc 3 years ago. Recently, it has to underwent minor overhaul, change it liner and piston set. Right now, after overhaul, my moped already ran for 1200 km. Last time I checked the dipstick, 2 days ago, the engine oil came short approximately 100 milliliters. Can you suggest me which oil additives to use to prevent more oil shrinkage? I think about Schaeffer Moly EP and Ravenol's Mannol 9900. What do you guys think? I appreciate any suggestions.

I'd just add the same oil that's in it to bring the level up to"full". No additives needed.

Use the oil that is recommended in the owner's manual. In hot weather, use the 20W-50.

Get in the habit of checking the oil and topping it up every 1000km, or sooner.

Even though you are adding 100mL every 1000 km, I recommend that you still change the oil as called for in the owner's manual.

Hello there,
I bought 4 stroke moped, 113 cc 3 years ago. Recently, it has to underwent minor overhaul, change it liner and piston set. Right now, after overhaul, my moped already ran for 1200 km. Last time I checked the dipstick, 2 days ago, the engine oil came short approximately 100 milliliters. Can you suggest me which oil additives to use to prevent more oil shrinkage? I think about Schaeffer Moly EP and Ravenol's Mannol 9900. What do you guys think? I appreciate any suggestions.
The engine is just breaking in, this is 100% normal. Just top it up with your normal oil and keep riding.

I would try a 20W-50 full synthetic and see if that helps. If not, then it's likely that the piston rings simply don't seal all that well. If you can live with the oil use and the engine is running well, then keep using it.

Is there anything unusual about your conditions or the way the engine is operated?

Any chance for a picture of the engine?

Use the oil that is recommended in the owner's manual. In hot weather, use the 20W-50.

Get in the habit of checking the oil and topping it up every 1000km, or sooner.

Even though you are adding 100mL every 1000 km, I recommend that you still change the oil as called for in the owner's manual.
Thank you, this enlightened me, yes the weather at the place currently I live in is pretty sure hot, tropical climate, humid all year long. I will surely go for 20W-50

I would try a 20W-50 full synthetic and see if that helps. If not, then it's likely that the piston rings simply don't seal all that well. If you can live with the oil use and the engine is running well, then keep using it.

Is there anything unusual about your conditions or the way the engine is operated?

Any chance for a picture of the engine?
Some techie guys told me that this brand, Yamaha, tend to have a slightly large gap between piston and liner block, so the oil manage to escape to the combustion chamber and get burned along with the fuel. The vibration still at normal level, with correct lubricant, it easily faded.

Unfortunately I don't have the picture :-/

Back