MOPAR MO-285 FACTORY OIL FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Thanks for the C&P.
Did the ADBV have cuts/slices in it? The inlet holes in the base plate look to have some very sharp edges.

What ADBV? This filter only has an o-ring or gasket at the top of the center tube and is held against the top plate by the coil spring in the bottom. The filter mounts with the base plate at the top and is vertically oriented so no ABDV is needed. I recently cut 1 of these and the can of the filter is very robust.(thick) I went back with the Stratapore version on mine.

Originally Posted by OLEJOE
Thanks for the C&P.
Did the ADBV have cuts/slices in it? The inlet holes in the base plate look to have some very sharp edges.

What ADBV? This filter only has an o-ring or gasket at the top of the center tube and is held against the top plate by the coil spring in the bottom. The filter mounts with the base plate at the top and is vertically oriented so no ABDV is needed. I recently cut 1 of these and the can of the filter is very robust.(thick) I went back with the Stratapore version on mine.

Ah ha, so that's why there wasn't an ADBV in his pics. I didn't know this filter didn't require one.
I am so sorry for thinking this. Can you ever forgive me?
smirk.gif

Thanks for the C&P.

Ah ha, so that's why there wasn't an ADBV in his pics. I didn't know this filter didn't require one.
smirk.gif

Thanks for the C&P.

smirk.gif

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Fleetguard Stratapore would be a nice fit for that truck. I've cut a few of them open after use on Cummins 6.7's in our school buses, they are practically bulletproof. Our buses are only 250HP, but they idle A LOT. Average fuel mileage of less than 4 MPG so we do shorter OCI's.

There is no ADBV on Cummins Filters typically. They mount flange up, so they stay full.

No ADBV, no bypass valve. You can't go wrong with a Stratapore, but there are some other nice choices as well out there (Ultra, RP, Donaldson, M1, or the incredibly heavily built Bosch Distance Plus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back