Mopar 75w-140

True, but 80w140 will hurt fuel economy at all temperatures and 75w140 will have superior wear and temperature protection in most conditions.
OK... so explain to me how a 75 winter rating versus a 80 winter rating is really going to make a big difference at cold temps and how a 140 rating hot with a 75 is much different than the 80w 140. I've got time.

OK... so explain to me how a 75 winter rating versus a 80 winter rating is really going to make a big difference at cold temps and how a 140 rating hot with a 75 is much different than the 80w 140. I've got time.
Here is something on 75 W vs 80 W for a 90 grade gear oil at 40 below. Just for entertainment value.

Also, if you have an Open or Torsen style Diff, use Delvac 1 75W-90. It handles the diffs in semi trucks quite well.
Yes, 75w90 can be a whole lot more robust than people think… there are some semi haulers owned by a VERY well-known NASCAR team that is using @High Performance Lubricants 75w90 as they trek around the country…

Yes, 75w90 can be a whole lot more robust than people think… there are some seni haulers owned by a VERY well-known NASCAR team that is using @High Performance Lubricants 75w90 as they trek around the country…
Most trucks use 75W-90 in their drive axles. I got my dad to use 80W-140, but his truck is old, and though he had the diffs rebuilt, it's better to be safe than sorry. But 75W-90 will help with the MPG, for sure.

Most trucks use 75W-90 in their drive axles. I got my dad to use 80W-140, but his truck is old, and though he had the diffs rebuilt, it's better to be safe than sorry. But 75W-90 will help with the MPG, for sure.
Right. I’m not suggesting anyone who has an axle that calls for a 75w140 use a 75w90, just pointing out that if the axle calls for 75w90 there’s not necessarily anything to “gain” by stepping up in viscosity here, when many 75w90s are up to the task.

Right. I’m not suggesting anyone who has an axle that calls for a 75w140 use a 75w90, just pointing out that if the axle calls for 75w90 there’s not necessarily anything to “gain” by stepping up in viscosity here, when many 75w90s are up to the task.
Excellent point and my thoughts exactly!

Just my $0.02

a 75-90 real synthetic i quite stout + there midgrades as well as 75-110 options either bought or blended by you!!! dumped my factory nissan semi syn 75-140 in favor or redlines real 75-90 syn years ago + never looked back + do light coal hauling without issue!! changed ALL other drivetrain lubes to Redline + got 3 MPG's average increase

Back