Mopar 15w40 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Dodge dealership in my area, who offers great prices on oil and filter changes on all makes (Ford/Chevy/GMC/Dodge)using Mopar 15w40 oil and Hastings oil filters. I own a 2002 Ford F350 7.3 diesel with 47800 miles on it. I have always used the MC 15w40 oil and MC Power Stroke oil filter with no complaints. This dealer can change my oil (15 quarts and the oil filter) than I can myself. I was woundering who makes the Mopar diesel oil? I know that Hastings is a decent filter.

Thanks

most likely valvoline and possible the valvoline blue supreme (the blue being what cummins uses and recomends).. the blue being what cummins had valvoline make for cummins with a additive package based on cummins and basically making the blue a cummins thing... at least this is what cummins has told me...

Yes it is the Valvoline Premium Blue or whatever it's called for Cummins engines. I have never used it myself except for factory fill in my Cummins, I am sure it is good oil. I thought about using it since it is endorsed and recommended by Cummins, etc. But then I remembered that Cummins would also make more money when I buy a new engine than by selling me oil, so I use either Delo or Schaeffer's 15w-40 when it's warm.
smile.gif

Could be the dealer is using up old stock of NON-Premium Blue oil and that's why it is so cheap too.

I used Mopar 15W-40 for the first oil change, which was in the spring of 2004. A UOA performed on this oil indicated that it was NOT Valvoline Premium Blue and additive package was very poor compared to VPB.

Thanks ant, I never used this dealer or their oil,I didn't feel comfortable with the service. I will stick with the good stuff (MC,Dello and such).

quote:

Originally posted by Ruby:
There is a Dodge dealership in my area, who offers great prices on oil and filter changes on all makes (Ford/Chevy/GMC/Dodge)using Mopar 15w40 oil and Hastings oil filters. I own a 2002 Ford F350 7.3 diesel with 47800 miles on it. I have always used the MC 15w40 oil and MC Power Stroke oil filter with no complaints. This dealer can change my oil (15 quarts and the oil filter) than I can myself. I was woundering who makes the Mopar diesel oil? I know that Hastings is a decent filter.

Thanks

I would stick with fleetguard oil filters,and good quality oils,val.prem.blue,chevron delo 400,mobil delvac 1300.and of course my favorite schaffers supreme 9000 5w-40 with a fleetguard strataphore oil filter.
cheers.gif

The Mopar HD Diesel Oil is made by Mobil as is all Mopar oils. GM's GoodWrench oil is also Mobil. I was told this by the service manager at a dealership that sells GM and Chrysler products. He also told me that all Mopar oil filters have been built by Purolator for several years now. He also said that the factory fill in the Cummins was Valvoline Premium Blue but if you started using Mopar at first oil change, you were effectively changing from the Valvoline factory fill to a Mobil HD diesel oil. He said that the Mobil oil was very good though. Engines torn down after 300,000 miles were still very clean inside with regular changes of Mopar oil.

This is Ruby's old thread
thumbsup2.gif
, I'm surprised I never made a reply before....Anyone heard from him lately?
21.gif
36.gif

Originally Posted By: D-Roc
thumbsup2.gif
21.gif
36.gif

Latest word is that he's been holed up with 193 different oils doing lawnmower wear tests. I've heard he will run the lawnmower engine for a month non stop and then tear down the internals to see which oil protects the best.

That crazy guy.

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
Originally Posted By: D-Roc
thumbsup2.gif
21.gif
36.gif

Latest word is that he's been holed up with 193 different oils doing lawnmower wear tests. I've heard he will run the lawnmower engine for a month non stop and then tear down the internals to see which oil protects the best.

That crazy guy.
LOL.gif

LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back