MOPAR 04892339AA Factor Installed TORN [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, and on the factory fill with break-in metals. Guess having a tearolator is another reason to get rid of the factory fill early.

Thanks for the C&P

Originally Posted By: Onug
Ouch, and on the factory fill with break-in metals. Guess having a tearolator is another reason to get rid of the factory fill early.

Thanks for the C&P

I actually took and sent in a oil sample to Blackstone before I cut this filter open. I will post the results once know.

On another note, called my service adviser buddy at the dealership today and explained the situation. He offered to give me another MOPAR filter for my trouble as a goodwill thing but I declined that. As to having them look at the filter, he basically said since it was a home done oil change, there is nothing they could do as the chain of custody of the part was compromised and some other nonsense. About what I figured.

I realize I'm a little late to this thread but...

Usually a goodwill policy is a set amount per period of time. (X Dollars per quarter, year, etc.) So if they are willing to write it to policy, the most "Dudelike" thing to do would be to buy you an oil filter of your choice. Of course this is basically out of pocket of the dealership's bottom line, but seriously, $5-$10 bucks to show effort to a new car buying customer shows loyalty and service to your patrons. I am sure the dealership that I work for would respond to your concerns with something along the lines of "What can we do to make you happy" or, "How can we make this right for you?". I have full faith in my dealership's customer service skills and retention efforts. But we're also not an FCA dealer. I left FCA/DaimlerChrysler/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Eagle/Fiat/Alpha Incorporated dealerships for this and many other reasons. Glad I did.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 69Torino

Usually a goodwill policy is a set amount per period of time. (X Dollars per quarter, year, etc.) So if they are willing to write it to policy, the most "Dudelike" thing to do would be to buy you an oil filter of your choice. Of course this is basically out of pocket of the dealership's bottom line, but seriously, $5-$10 bucks to show effort to a new car buying customer shows loyalty and service to your patrons. I am sure the dealership that I work for would respond to your concerns with something along the lines of "What can we do to make you happy" or, "How can we make this right for you?". I have full faith in my dealership's customer service skills and retention efforts. But we're also not an FCA dealer. I left FCA/DaimlerChrysler/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Eagle/Fiat/Alpha Incorporated dealerships for this and many other reasons. Glad I did.

Honestly, I could care less on getting a replacement filter out of this situation. Nor is it a make or break for me as a future customer.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
All manufacturers can have assembly mistakes once in awhile. Move along, nothing more to see here. Or something to that effect. FC should see this and cancel the contract with M&H. It isn't enough to be friends from Europe.

Can't cancel squat, M&H owns Purolator now. These mistakes aren't excusable, either, it's been going on since around 2014 and still happens regularly. Many members have emailed the customer support contacts on both websites with no response from Puro or M&H representatives and that basically says they don't give one iota about product quality or customer concerns about product.

I never see those defects on the oil filters I use. Nine months and twenty eight days and I can tell you who makes a good oil filter. Till then I may get help from others.

Originally Posted By: 69Torino

You forgot "Cerberus/Chrysler LLC"! I'm not a fan of dealerships in general, but Dodge ones always seemed worse than most. If they gave you a filter, it would likely just be another Mopar/Purolator anyway.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
I never see those defects on the oil filters I use. Nine months and twenty eight days and I can tell you who makes a good oil filter. Till then I may get help from others.

DENSO

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: Onug

Thanks for the C&P

I actually took and sent in a oil sample to Blackstone before I cut this filter open. I will post the results once know.

On another note, called my service adviser buddy at the dealership today and explained the situation. He offered to give me another MOPAR filter for my trouble as a goodwill thing but I declined that. As to having them look at the filter, he basically said since it was a home done oil change, there is nothing they could do as the chain of custody of the part was compromised and some other nonsense. About what I figured.

Those kind of replies from a dealer are terrible. They don't cut open used filters. Corporate FC could be informed with the pictures. They could cancel M&H's contract as fast as Walmart does theirs.
Originally Posted By: jongies3
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
All manufacturers can have assembly mistakes once in awhile. Move along, nothing more to see here. Or something to that effect. FC should see this and cancel the contract with M&H. It isn't enough to be friends from Europe.

Can't cancel squat, M&H owns Purolator now. These mistakes aren't excusable, either, it's been going on since around 2014 and still happens regularly. Many members have emailed the customer support contacts on both websites with no response from Puro or M&H representatives and that basically says they don't give one iota about product quality or customer concerns about product.

laugh.gif
I was being sarcastic because when a Fram has a half of an element not there, or an adbv folded over in half on the baseplate, or missing pleat bottom, or media unglued from the end cap, it is said one off defect here, nothing more to talk about. Yes, they can cancel whatever vendor they want when they want.

Here is the oil analysis on the factory fill. I have had way worse numbers on other vehicles for the factory fill.

renegade-oil-analysis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back