Mopar 04105409AC Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first attempt at cutting open a filter. I cut it open with my air cut off tool.

Unlike the Mopar filter in this thread which was bought at Walmart and appears to be a Purolator, this one was installed by the local Chrysler dealer and appears to be a Wix made filter.

This filter had about 5000 miles on it, and everything inside looks great and appears to have been doing its job. Media was in great shape. My only complaint is that the gasket separated from the base when I removed it from the engine. It wasn't stuck to the engine either, it was actually just hanging from the center stud. Obviously it wasn't held to the base of the filter very well.

20130221_153302_zps42178b40.jpg

20130221_153334_zps909d3260.jpg

It does look different from over the counter Mopars. Looks really good though.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

while hanging out @ the local walmart to kill some time, (working 3rds next 3 nights, so trying to stay up tonight) ended up picking up one of these for the Neon, even though i've already got over a dozen filters for the neon.[(7) Wix, (4) Bosch, (1) PureOne, (1) Mobil 1]
when adding it to the filter stash, compared it to the others, looks nearly identical externally to a Wix 51348, only difference i can tell from the outside, is the ADBV, WIX=Red, Mopar=Black

same base plate, same "3/4" stamp on base plate, same yellow and green stripes, with the same spacing on the gasket, apparently identical can,etc.

so looks like the wix made filters are making their way onto US store shelves as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back