moog or trw ball joints for dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.
planning ahead I'm thinking of having a guy down the street do some work on 94 dakota front end 2wd. he has quoted $100 for all 4 ball joints. I'm thinking either TRW or the more expensive moog.there is also a deeza? from rock auto, plus cheap brands. comments? also feedback about moog cargocoil front, and what other parts are likely for front end repair while in there - planning on keeping for several more years, 200k right now.thanks.

I'm going to totally go through the front end of my 92 D250 Dodge and am going with the Moog ball joints etc. I don't trust the cheaper ones.

I would think the TRW ones would be OK though. Doesn't TRW make more engine parts than suspension?

I think TRW and MOOG are both Federal Mogul.

Moog is good. I installed XRF ball joints in my b250 the summer before last.
XRFUpperlowerbj.jpg

One of the Ball joints I removed was a MOOG problem solver. I gave it some serious abuse in 85k miles and there was no detectable slop.

Does the Dakota's uppers thread in? I had to get a special socket to get mine out, and use an incredible amount of torque.

Probably Moog balljoints are the better quality although TRW and maybe Deeza are probably decent. Deeza I think is a german parts supplier but they also make parts for other cars. They're not necessarily made in Germany.

I don't think much of Moog's springs or any aftermarket spring really. They can have a higher spring rate causing a harsh ride, then the shock valving may not damp them, so you end up with a harsh and unsettled ride. Plus they can rust more than OE springs. Unless there's a good reason to replace springs I like to keep the originals or if replacement is called for I like to get the original spring even though it cost more.

I bought some Deeza parts. They seemed good. Deeza seems to be a Turkish company.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Find out where they are made and then decide

+1. Id lean towards Moog, and if they are US made it is a no brainer.

I just had these delivered yesterday, Amazon had the best deal and all the parts are Made in the U.S.A.

moog.jpg

Originally Posted By: ET16
I bought some Deeza parts. They seemed good. Deeza seems to be a Turkish company.

I think they have a factory in Turkey but they are based in Germany and supply OE there.

I bought all Moog stuff for the front end on my mom's 00 Grand Marquis, I got everything from Amazon. Even when factoring in shipping they were substantially cheaper than buying direct from jobbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back