Monroe shocks made in the U.S.

Monroe's website will tell you they make the majority of their shocks and struts in the USA in Paragould, AR.

Just because other plants closed don't make the assumption that all production moved out of the US...
Monroe also has a plant in Argentina as well. I recall installing a set of Sensa-Trac shocks on a Nissan Quest, one pair was American, the other was Argentine.

But, with how Driv is run by Carl Icahn, I wouldn’t be shocked if more production is moved to Mexico, China or Vietnam. PRT, Sensen and FCS are making a splash and signing deals with parts stores(AZ, OR, AA) and distributors(Aftermarket Parts Alliance - Auto Value stores). KYB isn’t they they were.

And parent company Tenneco has 196 plants located in countries across the world. We can play this game for a long time.

OP was surprised Monroe shocks he received were made in the USA. Monroe states that over 50% (could be 50.0000001% for all we know) of Monroe Shocks and Struts are USA made. Shouldn't be a shock to get some USA made product therefore...

I have Monroe all the way around on my 07 Ram. Big improvement in the ride. Have Sensa-Trac on rear of my wife's Mazda 5. Helped it to ride much better. I would rather have Bilstein but they just cost too much.

2014 I bought US made Sensa-Tracs for my Trailblazer. I thought how good that would be, not off shore sourced commi garbage..... I was wrong. 60,000km and they were beyond shot.

About 40$ more total i had Bilstein's 4600s shipped in from rock. Years later and just at 60k now. Solid.

Similar story here. I keep hearing about Monroe being junk, but I’ve had good experiences with them.
The ones on the Quest didn’t leak prematurely, but IMO Monroes ride “soft”.

Monroe is also a T1 supplier to the OEs alongside KYB, ZF Sachs, Mando and maybe one of the Chinese suppliers. But that doesn’t explain why KYB aftermarket fails earlier.

Monroe's website will tell you they make the majority of their shocks and struts in the USA in Paragould, AR.

Just because other plants closed don't make the assumption that all production moved out of the US...
I used to work for Tenneco and they owned Monroe. I had to deal with people in those US locations and they complained about their business going to Mexico. All of the Ford and GM truck shocks went to Mexico. They have way more quality problems from Mexico. They decided to shut my plant down and wanted me to move to TN which I did not want to do at this time. Tenneco is no longer publicly traded and is now private. Not sure how this will affect everything but they had lost most of the truck exhaust business to a new competitor.

Back