Monkey Pox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not, I'm sure it will be soon enough. I have very little faith that people can behave long enough to have a reasonable discussion about it without bringing in other banned topics.

Will it be used as a proxy for political argument?

Will posters be giving medical advice and making medical judgements for which they’re unqualified?
E-Ki9U_XsAMZWK1.jpg

Apparently if you were born before 1972 and have had a smallpox vaccination you should be ok, the concern is for people born after 1972.

When I was in high-school one day the chemistry teacher told the class a story about an experiment where a rat was put into a big cage. And every day after that another rat was added to the cage. After a while there were soooooo many rats that they started fighting for food. And when there were even more, disease broke out.

The earth has finite space, and a continuing growing human population. Yet most of us are surprised when wars or diseases happen. While mankind has progressed beyond the very poor sanitation of the dark ages, there are limits to what we can now accomplish. And a world where thousands of people get on jet airliners and travel thousands of miles in just about any given direction, to and from just about any give country, in less than a day, on a daily bases, does not help contain spreading of biological problems to say the least.

Just my no R. or S. or P. outlook on things from what I have learned in life.

Even if they have the smallpox vaccine?
They stopped the smallpox vaccination in 1972 to the general public, doctors and scientists that work with that kind of stuff still get them. We still have a bunch of it stockpiled in case of chemical warfare.

One other thing I read was they just aren't sure how protected the people are that got the smallpox shot, for me that's like 64 years ago

They stopped the smallpox vaccination in 1972 to the general public, doctors and scientists that work with that kind of stuff still get them. We still have a bunch of it stockpiled in case of chemical warfare.

One other thing I read was they just aren't sure how protected the people are that got the smallpox shot, for me that's like 64 years ago
I'm preeeeetty sure I got vaccinated against smallpox in the Army or as a defense contractor. Probably both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back