Monday night football

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you make of the Pack vs Vikings game last night? What do you think is going through Brett's and Aaron's minds?

I think Aaron is overly concerned with breaking the record for most sacks in a season. All he seems to be doing now is padding his numbers, and he seems to have the offensive line working along with him.

Brett, on the other hand, actually seems to be part of a team that could go far in the playoffs. Very surprising.

Last night we were wondering, if he were to win the super bowl with the Vikings (who have never won one) what are the odds they would retire his number there? What if he played two years there with one superbowl victory?

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I think Aaron is overly concerned with breaking the record for most sacks in a season. All he seems to be doing now is padding his numbers, and he seems to have the offensive line working along with him.

I meant Rodgers, not Kampman.

All the players are fun to watch.
blush.gif

I thought it was a good game. Rodgers was getting no protection from his line, which hurt. Minus the sacks, he played pretty well. I was happy to watch Brett beat the Packers. I don't think he has any love loss for them, but he was not a big fan of their management, and it feels good to watch him play well and just have fun out on the field. I still think Childress is an idiot. It shows you how much different it is being a coordinator and a head coach. The guy was awesome in Philly, and even though the Vikes are playing well, I sometimes think that Childress is totally lost and has no idea what he is doing.

Alright, I obviously live in Wisconsin, and we got beat fair and square. The Pack had way too many mistakes. The Vikings we're definitly the better team last night and they deserve the respect. However, I actually thought Rodgers didn't look all that bad. I also thought the Pack had a real chance of winning.

I'm not going to assume things here, but you just have to wonder if Brett is thinking how sweet revenge is? (he was quoted as wanting to stick it to Ted a while back)

Simple, I meant Rodgers too.

He's fine. But he'll never perform near potential with the offensive line we have. He can't get sacked 6 times a game for a season. You also have to wonder if Ryan Grant's issues are related to them as well.

Simple, I meant Rodgers too.

He's fine. But he'll never perform near potential with the offensive line we have. He can't get sacked 6 times a game for a season. You also have to wonder if Ryan Grant's issues are related to them as well.

Oh, sorry. I got ya now.

Brett, on the other hand, actually seems to be part of a team that could go far in the playoffs. Very surprising.

Last night we were wondering, if he were to win the super bowl with the Vikings (who have never won one) what are the odds they would retire his number there? What if he played two years there with one superbowl victory?
He wins a Super Bowl there-they'll name the new stadium (that Favre's going to help them get) after him! The problem is-the Pack isn't very good, if the Vikes can get by the Giants & the Saints they've got a realistic chance to go all the way-unlike his last few years w/the Pack & Jets, Favre doesn't have to do it all himself!!

If Rodgers doesn't get killed by his offensive lihe, he could be a very good quarterback for many years. That was the difference last night: Rodgers was generally running for his life, Farve had all day and then some to find a reciever. The Packers were able to shut down the Vikings run game, which in the recent past was all you needed to do to shut the Vikes down. Now, pick your poison - stop the run game, get killed by the passing game or stop the passing game and get run over by the run game. Fun to watch...

And Farve truly looked like he was having fun out there. Fun stuff to watch!

Quote:
What if he played two years there with one superbowl victory?

The guy's definitely in "Legend" status now; if he'd win a second SuperBowl with a different team, at the age of 40, I'd imagine he'd have to be considered for "god" (small "g", not large!!) status. An amazing athlete, no doubt about it.
thumbsup2.gif

some of our best times have been watching FARVE . The underhand forward pass on a MONDAY night (?) sticks in my head . Think that may have been against MINNESOTA (?). The man is addicted to the adrenaline of the game . The heck with the naysayers .
06.gif

Last edited:
as for RODGERS , he's got one heck of an arm with accuracy and a nice spin on the ball . Has good poise as well . The offensive line needs to be more consistent . He'll be around for awhile ( or will he ? ) with all the sacks .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back