Mobil3 1 4T 10W-40/K&N filter/2006 GSX-R 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Took the plugs out of my R1 tonite. They'd been in there for years and tens of thousands of miles, and were barely more than finger-tight.

Here's a tip, when you install new plugs the first torque setting, does not fully compress the gasket washer, it will continue to compress and then can cause your plug to lose torque down the road.

So on a new plug, (torque), break it lose and retorque, and no more problem, it will hold.

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Took the plugs out of my R1 tonite. They'd been in there for years and tens of thousands of miles, and were barely more than finger-tight.

Here's a tip, when you install new plugs the first torque setting, does not fully compress the gasket washer, it will continue to compress and then can cause your plug to lose torque down the road.

So on a new plug, (torque), break it lose and retorque, and no more problem, it will hold.

Hmm, sounds like it couldn't hurt anything. I'll do that when I install my new ones.

I was just glad they weren't stuck after being in for so long. Y'all skeer'd me with this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back