Mobil1 0W-40 ESP X3 • 4468mi • 2020 Camaro LT1 50k

Could be. Hopefully it shakes it off fine, because it lives a much more pampered life now....mostly easy highway miles with some fun drives thrown in here and there.
It happens, you gotta figure that EVERY person who test drove it matted the pedal before it was ever at operating temp and most probably did it as soon as they got lined up straight on the road out of the dealership. It didn't hurt it, they don't build them expecting granny to daily them. Get some good oil and a good filter in it and take another sample next oil change. I'm a Ford guy but that is a good looking car.

5W-30 for street use only, or 0W-40 for heavy duty/track use. I enjoy the car and live in a hot climate so I have no interest in the 30 weight.

Oils must be Dexos2 approved to retain warranty coverage, which I have right now and want to keep. Here is a list although most of those oils have been discontinued. The only Dexos2 approved 0W-40 I can find off the shelf is either M1 ESP X3, or Supercar. I used Autozone's deals to get X3 for approx. $6/qt versus the normal $11/qt, or over $10/qt for Supercar.

Once my warranty is up, I'll move over to 5W-40 of whatever is robust and on sale.
I would continue to use this oil as long as you can get that deal for sure. I'm not sure there is anything better available at Autozone Walmart etc.

Back