Mobil V Twin Vs Castrol V Twin

So, I came across this yesterday at O'reillys. I wasn't even aware Castrol made a V-Twin oil. I think I'm gonna try it in my Kubota zt mowers for the next oil changes. Interesting they put "For use in Harley Davidson" on the bottle.

Have any of y'all tried it , is one better than the other or are we just splitting hairs ?

ey6P4xz.jpg

Last edited:
OK, this is getting ridiculous. Who sponsors whom? Does Castrol sponsor Progressive or does Progressive sponsor Castrol? Is Castrol going to be the official oil of Progressive insured riders going forward? Asking for a friend.

I know , I had to take a double look. Lol
Either way I'm gonna get away from Kawasaki Ktech 20w50 syn blend in the newest mower.

Why would you run a JASO MA2 oil in a mower engine? Valvoline VR-1 20W50 would do just fine and doesn’t have the friction modifiers in it.

Why would you run a JASO MA2 oil in a mower engine? Valvoline VR-1 20W50 would do just fine and doesn’t have the friction modifiers in it.
I wanna get away from dino oils. VR1 has friction modifiers in it too.

edit: I found Kawasaki Full Synthetic 15w50 @ Rural King. Gonna go with this.

Bm2fwHT.png

Last edited:
M1 the official oil of NASCAR . How could any one pass on the official oil of NASCAR.

I wanna get away from dino oils. VR1 has friction modifiers in it too.

edit: I found Kawasaki Full Synthetic 15w50 @ Rural King. Gonna go with this.

Bm2fwHT.png
Valvoline VR-1 Is not JASO MA-2 rated oil and is not suitable for wet clutch applications. VR-1 also comes in synthetic.

Last time I looked, Mobil 1 V-Twin is SG-rated, vs. Castrol's SL rating, if the higher level of ZDDP anti-wear additive allowed in SG-rated oils, matters for your application.

The Kawasaki K-Tech 15w-50 is a great oil for your mower. I also put over a thousand hours on a Kawasaki V-Twin mower engine using nothing more than Shell Rotella 15W-40.

I would stick with the Mobil 1 V Twin as it is synthetic and proven good in my use. Is the Castrol or Kawaski oils synthetic? Couldn't tell from the pics. I prefer synthetic for these air cooled motors.

I would stick with the Mobil 1 V Twin as it is synthetic and proven good in my use. Is the Castrol or Kawaski oils synthetic? Couldn't tell from the pics. I prefer synthetic for these air cooled motors.
Yes ,both Castrol and Kawasaki are synthetic.

From what I understood in aircooled motor temperature testing the synthetic oil were not as good a dino in heat absorption. I just read that from a VW site that I visited a while back..

Back