Mobil One vs Napa Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCB

I can pick up he gold filter for under $7.00 with my AAA card at my local Napa. The Mobil 1 filter is about $10 at my auto zone. How do these filters compare. I've been using the golds for the past oil changes on my Acura Integra and I bought a Mobil 1 filter just to try out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Either is a great choice. I run Wix (makers of the Napa Gold), but honestly, I don't think you could go wrong either way.

NAPA Gold is a fine filter, seems to be well constructed and few complaints are registered here. Mobil 1 is possibly the best spin on filter you can get but you have to pay for it.

I just went to NAPA and bought a pair of NAPA Gold's for my Civic. The first thing I noticed is the robust construction of these filters when I picked them up.

Yep, I think I'll de-FRAM.

I like the construction of the Mobil filter a little better, but it's a wash in my book. The NAPA is a little overpriced, but the Mobil 1 is more so.

-T

Even though it's stupid expensive, I would choose the Mobil 1 every time. To ME, the M1 filter is worth the extra money & my VW agrees. Plus, the M1 filter just feels right when I hold it.
smile.gif

How does your VW agree?
smile.gif

Do you think this thing cleans the oil better? Or do you feel more comfortable going with longer OCIs?

For me in my area it is going to be almost $5 more than a Napa gold with a AAA discount. I'm going to try it... But I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I notice the Napa is much wider. The mobil one is longer and more narrow. This is the case for my Acura Integra aplication

quote:

Originally posted by Ugly3:
Mobil 1 is possibly the best spin on filter you can get but you have to pay for it.

shocked.gif
uh-oh...you mean they have been expecting me to pay for them?
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by OCB:
How does your VW agree?
smile.gif

Do you think this thing cleans the oil better? Or do you feel more comfortable going with longer OCIs?

For me in my area it is going to be almost $5 more than a Napa gold with a AAA discount. I'm going to try it... But I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I notice the Napa is much wider. The mobil one is longer and more narrow. This is the case for my Acura Integra aplication

Do a particle count with a UOA, you will see the benefit.

quote:

Originally posted by OCB:
How does your VW agree?
smile.gif

Yes & Yes. My last UOA was with M1 oil & a M1 filter, & at 5100 miles, my VW 1.8T wear metals were virtually non-existant. Blackstone Labs commented that I should have no problem extending my OCI, though they didn't specify by how much.

Bottom line: I love my M1 filters & will continue to buy them. I would pay as much as $12 for the current M1 filters. My personal jury is out on the new M1 EP filters, since we have yet to see one on store shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back