Mobil Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 1 Quart (6-pack) $19.51

One of the reviewers claims they contacted Mobil and Mobil told them it was counterfeit oil. Has anyone ever heard of Amazon selling counterfeit oil? We know there have been fakes with auto parts.

ah yes the "full syn" thats not as good as are regular syn product.
Still a good deal.. this oil competes on price with kirkland, amazon basics, supertech, but has a better brand behind it.
I'm not familiar with this particular product. I assume your comparison is of this oil to the 'regular' Mobil 1, correct?

One of the reviewers claims they contacted Mobil and Mobil told them it was counterfeit oil. Has anyone ever heard of Amazon selling counterfeit oil? We know there have been fakes with auto parts.
Yeah, the problem with online reviews is that anyone can claim pretty much anything, so I don't even waste my time on some rando 'reviewer'. I rarely buy from Amazon third party sellers anyway. The past Amazon claims on counterfeits were with third party sellers, not from buying directly from Amazon (the link above is a direct Amazon purchase)

This sale has been going on for months now. Still a good deal.

Yeah, I saw the thread from two or three months ago but I did not realize it was still active with people updating it when I posted. This seems like a pretty good recurring deal like you said. I like $3.25ish a quart for a name brand full synthetic, or even an "off" brand synthetic.

Looks pretty similar to the current Costco deal for Kirkland Signature synthetic oil, at least for this weight. But with Costco you get the 5 quart jugs and only in a 2 pack, which is fine if you want 10 quarts.

Last edited:
Back