Mobil Drive Clean vs. Exxon Superflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) Are the two clones of another?

B) At K-Mart last week I bought the Exxon to top of the Mobil 1 in the parents car. Incidentally the Exxon was cheaper by .20$

I reasoned they could be the same thing by the Exxon-Mobil conglamerate.

C)It was interesting that a couple weeks ago Mobil Drive Clean said "Synthetic Blend."

The Bottle of Mobil no longer says that. Any ideas on what happened?

Mobil makes a drive clean and a drive clean synthetic blend.

If the bottle doesn't say synthetic blend it is the regula dino oil.

John

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
C)It was interesting that a couple weeks ago Mobil Drive Clean said "Synthetic Blend." The Bottle of Mobil no longer says that. Any ideas on what happened?

I noticed the same thing at Wal-Mart. Last week the Mobil 1 bottles said 10w30 and this week they say 0w30, 5w30, 10w30, and 15w50. Any ideas on what happened?
grin.gif

C)You missed my point

Mobil Drive Clean Synthetic Blend....i checked three different stores and they all changed.

All i found was Mobil Drive Clean by itself.

So either they are not ordering it, Mobil Drive Clean Syn Blend no longer exists.

None of the 0w30, 5w30, joke-remarks. Thanks-

Were all of the local stores you looked at part of the same chain? Maybe it's possible the Mobil sales guy had a deal going on the blend?

Dunno what the reason, but they are two separate products and i have seen both being sold next to each other on more than one occasion.

But regarding the difference between Mobil Drive Clean (100% dino) and Superflo, they are different oils. Different specs, different properties, etc.

However, if you're topping off a Mobil 1 fill, you should use Mobil 1. I would doubt it, since they're the same manufacturer, but additive clash is possible and should be avoided if possible. Mobil 1 is really easy to find, so the excuse of availablity shouldn't be an option. I always have a quart of Mobil 1 in my trunk just in case i need to top up.

ferb!

'Round here in the NE, Wal-Marts are not putting Drive Clean Blend onto their shelves anymore. When a case (6/box) comes in, it is stuck on the top shelf with the other cases. Not sure if this is a pre-cursor to dropping the blend due to poor sales...

mobil clean blend and mobil drive clean synthetic blend is the same with 2 differnt bottles....i saw this and was confused...but i still wonder if they are 2 differnt things...around here everyone has it, just shop around

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
mobil clean blend and mobil drive clean synthetic blend is the same with 2 differnt bottles....i saw this and was confused...but i still wonder if they are 2 differnt things...around here everyone has it, just shop around

They are two different things. Drive Clean is a conventional oil available in 5w20, 5w30, 10w30, 10w40, and 20w50. Drive Clean Blend is a synthetic blend oil available in 5w30 and 10w30. Drive Clean comes in blue bottles. Drive Clean Blend comes in charcoal grey bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back