Mobil Delvac 15w-40 vs Rotella T 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil Delvac 15w-40 or Rotella T 15w40
With one of these oils is best for my 2001 chevy with a 6.6 duramax?

I wouldn't be concerned with either Shell or Mobil oils, or for that matter Chevron Delo 400 oil. They are all top quality oils and will work well in your engine.

Originally Posted By: 63Marauder
Delo 400

+1 This oil has the best additive package out of the three.

I have used rotella and delvac. I am currently looking for delo400 in a 10w30 flavor. I have used syn ams and tdt and main difference is pocket book and maybe extreme ocis. But with mobil and chevron you can run way past factory ocis and still be dumpin oil with life left in it.
Delo has my vote.

Ken

Originally Posted By: Cowboy1221
Mobil Delvac 15w-40 or Rotella T 15w40
With one of these oils is best for my 2001 chevy with a 6.6 duramax?

Welcome to the site, from a fellow Dmax owner!

The bad news:
First, allow me to point out that "best" is very difficult to predict without HUGE amounts of trials unique to your specific application. Please read my article on UOA "normalcy" found on the home page.

The good news:
The Dmax is about as easy on oil as any light-duty diesel ever made. Further, it generally has zero care for what you put in it, as long as it's a properly spec'd fluid. Any CH-4 or higher lube will do quite well in your 2001, and brand/grade really matters not as long as you use a qualified HDEO.

Not knowing anything more than what you asked, I'm going to presume you stick to OEM OCIs? In that manner, buy the least expensive HDEO you can find; the engine will not care in the least, but you wallet will thank you tremendously over the years. Find HDEO on sale with rebates and you can get some really good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back