Mobil DC Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a lot of good about plain old Mobil Drive Clean oil here. Does anyone know if the Drive Clean Blend version is a group I or II oil?

im not sure of the blend..its not alot as a full synthetic...its just a small blend..im guessing group 2 or 3. i use mobile drive clean with a mix of mobil clean blend. (1 qt blend 2 qts normal). i really like it..i noticed some improvment...maybe it can be cause of my bosch filter as well but since this is the first time trying this oil, i like it.

I thought I recall reading on here that Mobil's Drive Clean blend's base oil is about 90% Group 1, and 10% PAO.

Since people tend to make fun of my Wal-Mart house brand dino, I'm a bit perplexed to find such admiration for a group I oil thats specs are quite a bit worse than the SuperTech. Flash point something like twenty degrees F lower if memory serves me right. I assume group I trades stability for cleaning ability, right?

I also agree that if you want this stuff, throwing a half quart of M1 with four quarts of DriveClean should be less expensive.

You know, I think you're right. It's probably time to send in an unused sample of SuperTech for analysis. Let's see how good this lowly oil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back