Mobil Clean High Mileage Meets GF-4 Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find another HM oil on the market that meets the GF-4 spec. According to Mobil's HM website, the Xw-30 offerings aren't even 11 cST! Does Mobil know something that other suppliers don't? Is it all that Sodium they use in their dinos??
dunno.gif

And look at those low flash points! This oil doesn't look any more exciting than the old plain-jane Mobil Clean dino SL product.

I have a suspicion the sodium is just part of something else(compund) when we see it in an analysis. I have been reading up on friction modifiers and am coming around to believing that the traditional additives we look for are not the only way to go.
We talk so little about friction modifiers here that I am afraid we are missing much more just looking for anti-wear and detergent additives.

I got 6 qts of this Mobil clean 10/30 HM with a mail-in-rebate, so I'm using it in my 4.6 Tbird for the next 6 months (till 04/06).
Because this HM is NOT thicker than their usual xw/30, as TNS said, I thought it would be a good oil for the winter..with whatever HM additives it has(my Tbird has 110k on it), AND thin enough for cold starts. So far, it's been good: no abnormal noises, and very good cold starting this a.m. at 34F...smooth/quiet so far.

Should say just plain old drive clean. Can someone tell me how to edit a post after you hit add reply , for correction.

quote:

Originally posted by drums57:
Should say just plain old drive clean. Can someone tell me how to edit a post after you hit add reply , for correction.

hit the icon that looks like a piece of paper with the pencil next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back