Mobil 7500,7k miles, 02 Toyota 4 cyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler has changed since the untimely demise of our beloved Mark Mathis.
Just received my report bak and the glaring issue was not flagged. Here is the report
Cu 2
Fe 11
Pb 232
Al 3
Si 11
Na 225
K 1
Mo 121
B 23
Ca 1768
Mg 9
P 583
Zn 702
No oil Visc listed.
ANyway the Pb was not flagged. Last time it was 650. I changed to Motorcraft 5/30 for a flush now trying GC. The engine sounds the same, odd for just the Pb to be so high and Sn to be so low.
Anyway will see how the GC does. I think something with the Mobil 7500 causes the lead to look so high.
GregH

Greg,

You have a signficant coolant leak, hence the presence of sodium and potassium. This is causing excessive bearing wear and needs to be fixed ASAP. I would not drive this vehicle until you make an appt to take it in and get fixed.

I suspect the timing chain tensioner....

Ted

Did you change gas? Weren't you contacting the EPA? Or was it the other guy from GA?

Why no visc or oxidation/nitration? Ferrous Debris? Dilution?

Replace the cat yet?

I still think it's the gas. Unless you used Terry for this then just ignore our ramblings
grin.gif

Greg,

It was too early in the morning and I was thinking that P was Potassium.

You simply got some of that leaded gas that's been making the rounds in Georgia....Report the station to the EPA!

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Wan:
Ted,
Mobil Clean 7500 contains that much Na in its virgin state. 

Michael

Yes, my UOA on Mobil 7500 10w-30 after 2,500 miles shows 226 ppm of Sodium.

Thanks for the info. Talked to Toyota about the cat issue and they are going to upgrade the ECM , they reset the code and no more problems. I did talk to the EPD and of course have heard nothing from them. After the Motorcraft flush I will check the GC, yes the green stuff I found plenty. At least for now.
GregH

What about the gas did you make a point to not go to any you had in past, actually something like BP that has it's own refinery may be best to figure this out.
It's not the oil.

Greg dont use this oil again, there are much better choices out there. The anti-wear chemistry in this oil is on the low side.In your climate i would use Havoline 10w30 all year long.

I really don't have a clue about this Pb thing but will sample with the GC and see the results. You would think that with that much in the oild the bearings would be toast. Mark Mathys , bless his soul, did a particle count on the previous sample and could find no large pieces of metal! From now on will use either GC or Motorcraft 5w30.
GregH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back