Mobil 5w20 blend vs motorcraft

Hi everyone. 2021 escape se awd 1.5l 3cyl ecoboost is at 15,000 miles. Ive had dealer changes only with motorcraft blend 5w20. I changed it the other day and used Mobil super 5w20 blend. The car runs noticeable quieter and seems smoother. Whats your opinion on these oils? I'm doing 5,000 mile oci. And use is 95% highway .

How much was that Mobil blend since I cant seem to find any in any store or auto parts place. Motorcraft is $22 a jug which is a scam since you can get quaker state FS or black gold pennzoil FS and supertech FS for less while being better. I believe both the QSFS and PFS have the motorcraft approvals. But it being an ecoboost engine id definitely use a 5 or 10w-30.

My last analysys of the Motorcraft was not fantastic, but it was a gift when I bought my new F250 (6.7 PSD). Second oil change with same stuff, will send it in for analysis soon.

Motorcraft synblend use to be 60-70% synthetic before they removed that info from the SDS a few years ago.

I agree with JavierH19...you can get several full synthetics for the same price or less than Motorcraft oil. Motorcraft isn't the bargain that it was several years ago.

Hi everyone. 2021 escape se awd 1.5l 3cyl ecoboost is at 15,000 miles. Ive had dealer changes only with motorcraft blend 5w20. I changed it the other day and used Mobil super 5w20 blend. The car runs noticeable quieter and seems smoother. Whats your opinion on these oils? I'm doing 5,000 mile oci. And use is 95% highway .
I'd run "smoother and quieter." Jmo

Motorcraft synblend use to be 60-70% synthetic before they removed that info from the SDS a few years ago.
P66 base stock is hydro processed in Grp2/Grp3 … (others crack)
Conoco is the E&P branch
ChevronPhillips makes several levels of base stock that includes PAO
MC is about like any other semi - but obviously a focus on Ford owners.
Since Grp2 base stocks have become better - calling something semi opens the lower cost production door.
For example around two dozen blenders buy XOM’s EHC - wonder why ?
(there are semi’s posing as synthetic too) …

Run whatevers cheaper and meets the specs.

Here that would be NAPA (Valvoline) Synthetic Blend at $2.59 Qt. Valvoline told me it meets the same certifications as Valvoline Daily Protection Synthetic Blend. As long as it meets WSS-M2C960-A1 it should be fine.

My last analysys of the Motorcraft was not fantastic, but it was a gift when I bought my new F250 (6.7 PSD). Second oil change with same stuff, will send it in for analysis soon.
Are you kidding? You sent in the break in oil from your factory fill and were expecting amazing wear numbers? You’re blaming motorcraft for high break in metals?

Blackstone even recommended you extend your interval

Yep, now I’ve seen it all.

Last edited:
Back