Mobil 1 vs Amsoil

Poper09

I am struggling to choose between Mobil One 0W-20 Extended Protection and Amsoil OE, XL, or SS for my 2019 Acura RDX Turbo with 30k miles on it. I change my oil every 5k miles.

I believe both are good oils but not sure if Amsoil is mostly marketing or legit?

Any help/suggestions would be helpful...
Thanks

I am struggling to choose between Mobil One 0W-20 Extended Protection and Amsoil OE, XL, or SS for my 2019 Acura RDX Turbo with 30k miles on it. I change my oil every 5k miles.

I believe both are good oils but not sure if Amsoil is mostly marketing or legit?

Thanks
Greetings …
You want an opinion on how they rank?
Amsoil SS
Mobil 1 EP
Don’t bother with the others bcs they are no better than #2 above
I do agree 5k is short for the two oils above …
Does that engine dilute the oil with fuel ?

I have the same car and here is oil analysis

Your best bet is to use 5w-30 and change oil every 3-4k miles; this engine is a fuel diluter. The oil brand does not matter so much for short OCI.
Plenty of data on your engine in Used Oil analysis forum.

Greetings …
You want an opinion on how they rank?
Amsoil SS
Mobil 1 EP
Don’t bother with the others bcs they are no better than #2 above
I do agree 5k is short for the two oils above …
Does that engine dilute the oil with fuel ?
I have no reason to believe the engine dilutes oil with fuel. How would I know?

IMO (strictly an opinion), the Amsoil product line is going to be more of the upper-end, boutique stuff. Nothing wrong with M1 at all; also good stuff, but more mainstream.

The real distinction here is that both of them are overkill for a 5k mile OCI. Honestly, ST syn would be perfectly suited for such a short duration, or whatever decent quality, properly spec'd lube on sale for that matter. You'll save money and your engine is unlikely to know the difference for such a short OCI.

Thanks
Both are formulated for long drains but absent significant fuel dilution at 5k miles intervals you're wasting your money unless the price is good.

I have the same car and here is oil analysis

Your best bet is to use 5w-30 and change oil every 3-4k miles; this engine is a fuel diluter. The oil brand does not matter so much for short OCI.
Plenty of data on your engine in Used Oil analysis forum.
Will Acura correct the fuel dilution problem?

Back