Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 from 2016, safe to use?

Hi, I have unused and sealed 6 Quarts of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 oil which I purchased in Dec 2016. They have been stored inside my garage.

I would like to know if it's safe to use them today in my 2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide.

I am not sure if there is a shelf life for these oils that prevents me to use them now.

Well the oil is newer than the bike, so I'd say yeah. Mobil officially says shelf life is five years, but oil stored properly can be used for much longer IMHO...

Hi, I have unused and sealed 6 Quarts of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 oil which I purchased in Dec 2016. They have been stored inside my garage.

I would like to know if it's safe to use them today in my 2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide.

I am not sure if there is a shelf life for these oils that prevents me to use them now.
I have poured in oil into my engine which sat unopened in my garage for over ten years. No problems. If you feel uncomfortable using it, send it to me.

Shelf life of oil? It’s oil. From dead dinosaurs. Plus some additive chemicals that are suspended/encased . . . in oil. Shake before pouring, if doing so provides greater confidence. It should be OK in a Harley for the next few million years.

I have poured in oil into my engine which sat unopened in my garage for over ten years. No problems. If you feel uncomfortable using it, send it to me.
Lol, after your comment I feel comfortable :)

Thank you everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it.

I have another one, my last oil change was on October 2018, I used 20W-50 Mobil 1 V-Twin oil, I rode my bike for only 1,400 miles. How bad will be to ride it with the same oil?

Change it. Depending on the conditions where the cycle sat, there’s 5 years worth of condensation moisture in your cases, and in the oil, along with the combustion byproducts from those miles 5 years ago, or whenever you put those miles on. If you did three 450 mile days, or 700 2-mile trips, the condition/degradation of the oil will differ, but for $40 in oil, just change it.

Change it. Depending on the conditions where the cycle sat, there’s 5 years worth of condensation moisture in your cases, and in the oil, along with the combustion byproducts from those miles 5 years ago, or whenever you put those miles on. If you did three 450 mile days, or 700 2-mile trips, the condition/degradation of the oil will differ, but for $40 in oil, just change it.
I will change it today of course, but was just wondering. Thank you for your reply.

Back