Mobil 1 synthetic for jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guyes, i own a 2004 jeep liberty renegade with the 3.7 v6.It has about 27k miles on it. An oil change is due soon on it, i do not have access to amsoil here. So i was looking into mobil 5w30 synthetic. Does this sound like a good choice of oil?

You do have access to Amsoil, just PM one of the Amsoil site sponsors, they ship to Canada.

BTW,
welcome.gif

I just changed the oil on my sister's '04 Liberty 3.7L V6. I used Valvoline 10w30 dino oil and a Wix (Carquest) oil filter. The filter is a royal pain in the ---- to get at and screw/unscrew, and even harder to drop it out of there without spilling oil everywhere! It helps if you remove (or at least bend out of the way) the black plastic piece underneath that likes to cut your arm as you are doing this. Have fun!

i have heard running a good synthetic on these helps them run smoother. Not to mention, i plan to keep this for a long time, so i want this to run very well

i wouldnt run m1 myself but thats a personal preference.. if you want a syn find one on sale.. seriously. i do, and i do change my oil at 5k miles if i can help it with syn. any oil will do fine for you esp dinos. just make sure you change the oil like you are supposed to and you will be fine.. take care of the tranny, it will go out before that motor will. chrystlers arent known for quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back