Mobil 1 Price Increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a small shop the higher cost of lubricants is tough to see, averaging about 12 percent wholesale cost, so I have been forced to pass that on to customers. Profit margins were small already with WalMart selling it so cheap.

LOL well you're welcome to by you oil at full price. Me I'll go for the on sale with a rebate!

I'm not confident that we'll be seeing rebates from Mobil in the future. They have been scaling back year after year and now with the current production shortage I can't see how they need to incentivize buying something that is a low supply and high demand.

I'm not confident that we'll be seeing rebates from Mobil in the future. They have been scaling back year after year and now with the current production shortage I can't see how they need to incentivize buying something that is a low supply and high demand.
Could be that's one of the reasons I have a stash with a likely life time supply. I have very little need to buy high price oil. In fact in my State they are halting the sales of all gas cars and trucks by 2035 there will be no more sales of those vehicles in my State!

I dont know, does WM website has different pricing depending on the regions?
sometimes they do...I have even experienced a different price online than in their store...I showed the difference in price to a manager when the online at that store showed a significantly different price than the in store price and she changed the price to the online price for me...the manager said that happens from time to time

Bill

I dont shop in Walmart in person, does not make sense to stop periodically only to check if oil is on sale.

Last edited:
Motor oil prices are up anywhere between 30% and 35% since this time last year. My last purchase of Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30 was $48 for a 12/1 case. Today I paid $68 for a 12/1 case of Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W30. Pickings were slim at the distributor I use. They had NO 5W30 Euro oil. They did have some Mobil 1. Their Shell offerings were very low. The same with Castrol. They did have a decent supply of Phillips 66, Kendall and Motorcraft HDEO oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back