Mobil 1 Price Increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm notified in advance of the stocking situation
However, mostly I opt for delivery since it's more convenient.
Exactly. Disappointed as in notifying you that is out of stock is what I meant. So if you need it on that day, you would be disappointed.

Exactly. Disappointed as in notifying you that is out of stock is what I meant. So if you need it on that day, you would be disappointed.
I understand your concern. However, speaking only for myself, there's nothing from Walmart that I'd need immediately. Were there, and WM didn't have the item, I'd purchase it elsewhere. From that perspective, I'm fortunate to live in an area and situation with abundant choices.

I still see plenty of M1 EP for $24.97 @WM online. This price has not changed for almost 10 yrs, I am surprised they can keep going with this price given the inflation everywhere else. I have not been in WM store for around 10yrs, much easier to buy online with free shipping.

I still see plenty of M1 EP for $24.97 @WM online. This price has not changed for almost 10 yrs, I am surprised they can keep going with this price given the inflation everywhere else. I have not been in WM store for around 10yrs, much easier to buy online with free shipping.
For the last few years they'll put it on rollback for around 24 bucks and some change during the spring and summer months but after the rebate ends they nix the rollback pricing and it goes back to around $27 or $28.

Pricing is back to 22 bucks on Amazon at least on Mobil 1 just as an FYI. Wonder if you’re just seeing a momentary contractual blip/oddity with who is paying for rebate. Always seemed weird to me that Mobil 1 was one of the cheapest full synthetic mainline brand oils on the market. To the average joe Mobil 1 is the pinnacle of motor oil yet it was always cheaper than Castrol, Valvoline, etc.

Yes prices for most everything have gone up, some more than others. It's shocking what some stores are advertising as "deals" nowadays.
As for Walmart, I always buy online to get the best price available. Plus my items are paid for and ready to go when I get there. No need to spend any more time there than absolutely necessary.

Yes prices for most everything have gone up, some more than others. It's shocking what some stores are advertising as "deals" nowadays.
You should check out the cigar world. An MSRP on an item might be $150 and the seller will advertise it for lets say $200 MSRP and then mark it down to $150 as a sale to make you think you are getting a deal. And that is just one example. Others are an MSRP of $18/stick and the seller is selling for $90/stick because it is a little harder to get. Then I have seen the rare occasion where things are MSRP of $750 a cigar but on sale for $250. I have also seen cigars go for $30/stick in a glass tube or coffin and $3 without said tube or coffin.

It's a supply issue. Either that particular weight of M1 had a production issue or lots of jugs are sitting inside a shipping container because they can't get people to offload it. Mobil 1 0W-20 EP was about $40 a jug a few weeks ago before coming back to the regular price.

Currently, I cannot get the NAPA Gold filter for my car because there is a severe shortage...
I was in Walmart today and a customer was having a hard time finding what he was looking for, and an associate was helping him. I asked her if there were any current significant supply issues with motor oil. She said most certainly, and she said it's not just oil but most other automotive products they currently stock are having some level of delay in delivery.

You should check out the cigar world. An MSRP on an item might be $150 and the seller will advertise it for lets say $200 MSRP and then mark it down to $150 as a sale to make you think you are getting a deal. And that is just one example. Others are an MSRP of $18/stick and the seller is selling for $90/stick because it is a little harder to get. Then I have seen the rare occasion where things are MSRP of $750 a cigar but on sale for $250. I have also seen cigars go for $30/stick in a glass tube or coffin and $3 without said tube or coffin.
Yes that is 100% nuts! Dear Lord!
Cigars are sold in "coffins"? LOL :LOL:

Napa 5w30 syn blend 5 quarts for $11.99. Made by Valvoline. Good oil at a great price.
1633461616007.jpg

Right now, Castrol Edge 0W-40 is $21.97 on Amazon. I'm ordering some while the price is still reasonable...

All Castrol synthetics are on $21 rollback at Walmart. Th only problem is finding a store that actually has any. I also saw they're saying "unavailable" online.

Is anyone else noticing price increases in motor oil? I decided to go for annual oil changes for my 06 Ford Taurus (Vulcan V6 OHV). Just got back from Walmart to pick up some M1 EP HM 5w20. My jaw dropped when I walked up to the shelf... 5 qt jug is now $29.47 here in east Tennessee!

I've never used M1 products before, currently running ST FS HM 5w30... That's getting drained on Tuesday and getting replaced with the M1 EP and a M1 EP oil filter.

My average annual mileage is around 7500 - 8000 miles. I had been doing 6 months/5k with the ST HM FS 5w30, and I'm assuming that the M1 EP HM 5w20 should hold up well for 1 year and under 10k miles in the old Vulcan V6 with 156k on the clock.

All that said, the online price AT THE MOMENT is cheaper than in-store. Other brands have also went up as well. I noticed that my 2nd choice, Valvoline MaxLife HM FS is up to $27 per 5 qt jug. 🙄

Is anyone else noticing price increases in motor oil? I decided to go for annual oil changes for my 06 Ford Taurus (Vulcan V6 OHV). Just got back from Walmart to pick up some M1 EP HM 5w20. My jaw dropped when I walked up to the shelf... 5 qt jug is now $29.47 here in east Tennessee!

I've never used M1 products before, currently running ST FS HM 5w30... That's getting drained on Tuesday and getting replaced with the M1 EP and a M1 EP oil filter.

My average annual mileage is around 7500 - 8000 miles. I had been doing 6 months/5k with the ST HM FS 5w30, and I'm assuming that the M1 EP HM 5w20 should hold up well for 1 year and under 10k miles in the old Vulcan V6 with 156k on the clock.

All that said, the online price AT THE MOMENT is cheaper than in-store. Other brands have also went up as well. I noticed that my 2nd choice, Valvoline MaxLife HM FS is up to $27 per 5 qt jug. 🙄
Yes I have noticed this too. Mobil 1 is a good oil but at this point for me it’s almost worth it to go Amsoil and dump Mobil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back