Mobil 1 Price Increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Havoline Boxes haven't moved lately. I might have to pick up a few more of those, although I was kindof waiting to see if they were going to update their 'Lifelong' 5W-30 to Dexos Gen3 since Chevron was the one pimping the big press release about it.
Is the 'Lifelong' FS considered Havoline's HM FS line?

Is the 'Lifelong' FS considered Havoline's HM FS line?
I think they still have a HM version of the Lifelong.

They're just replacing the name on 'Pro-DS' with 'Lifelong' from what I've been able to tell. But the HM/FS version isn't available in the boxes.

I haven't done any real in-depth looking into it though. The LL met the spec I needed for my Ranger so I stopped at that. :)

--Edit--

I just looked again at what WM has in stock for all of them. They're all over the map with the names. I suspect they're just burning through old stock and haven't changed them all over to the 'new' labels.

This is what they show as the newest stuff:

And this is what WM has in stock:

Last edited:
Yeah, the online price right now is $24, in-store is $29... Go figure. Should have ordered online and picked it up later!

It's a supply issue. Either that particular weight of M1 had a production issue or lots of jugs are sitting inside a shipping container because they can't get people to offload it. Mobil 1 0W-20 EP was about $40 a jug a few weeks ago before coming back to the regular price.

Currently, I cannot get the NAPA Gold filter for my car because there is a severe shortage...

It's a supply issue. Either that particular weight of M1 had a production issue or lots of jugs are sitting inside a shipping container because they can't get people to offload it. Mobil 1 0W-20 EP was about $40 a jug a few weeks ago before coming back to the regular price.

Currently, I cannot get the NAPA Gold filter for my car because there is a severe shortage...
I have several colleagues that all DIY their oil changes. Early on in this pandemic, I started warning of potential supply chain disruptions. Luckily most of them listened and stockpiled 2 years worth of oil change supplies. 1.5 years later, several of them have thanked me because 0W-20 (any brand) hasn’t been reliably available in my area or the past 5 months or so.

A lot of people are going to be surprised at how expensive it will be to drive. 8 cents a mile to start.

The price of a jug of oil will be the least of our concerns.
I have been hearing about some bull called a "mile tax" where instead of paying taxes on gas, you pay for each mile you drive.

Is this what you're referring to?

You would be fine using the ST FS for a year (I do), They also have a new 20k mile oil if you are concerned. No need for a HM oil.

You would be fine using the ST FS for a year (I do), They also have a new 20k mile oil if you are concerned. No need for a HM oil.
I noticed the new ST "Advanced" FS with a blue label. It was $19 iirc. As I said earlier I am seriously thinking about starting at least a small stash and keep it rotated.

Ahh the good ole BITOG economic analysts. Noticed the price bump, switched over to Edge Euro for my next change because I thought it was an Amazon error. I guess $5 isn’t that big of a deal, I was kind of annoyed and then realized it’s about $10 more a year for my driving which means I’ll have to skip 1 Chipotle burrito per year.

I have several colleagues that all DIY their oil changes. Early on in this pandemic, I started warning of potential supply chain disruptions. Luckily most of them listened and stockpiled 2 years worth of oil change supplies. 1.5 years later, several of them have thanked me because 0W-20 (any brand) hasn’t been reliably available in my area or the past 5 months or so.
Only filter I could get was either the Fram orange, or the M1 EP filter. No Motorcraft, Super Tech, or anything else in stock.

Yeah, the online price right now is $24, in-store is $29... Go figure. Should have ordered online and picked it up later!
I generally do that with Walmart. It's a good, safe, and efficient system. The store I frequent will bring your purchase to the car.

I generally do that with Walmart. It's a good, safe, and efficient system. The store I frequent will bring your purchase to the car.
If you are referring to curbside pickup, if the item is out of stock you would be disappointed. Better yet, buy 2 jugs and get free shipping to your door.

If you are referring to curbside pickup, if the item is out of stock you would be disappointed. Better yet, buy 2 jugs and get free shipping to your door.
I'm notified in advance of the stocking situation
However, mostly I opt for delivery since it's more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back