Mobil 1 Or Quaker State Ultimate Durability ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for opinions which oil is everyone using Mobil 1 or Quaker State Ultimate Durability for their Synthetic choice? I like the Quaker State ud but their jugs are not sealed well the Mobil 1 Jugs have a much better double seal.. Looking for opinions..

All roads lead to M1 my friend. It's a brand and name we can trust and they run spicy $12 rebates that I can't resist. Running M1 0W20 EP in my 4Runner, M1 5W30 in my GTO and will switch my TL to 0W20 after this run of RP.

I don't think they are equals. My vote is for Mobil 1 and for a few dollars more at Wally World - get the EP version.

My Mercedes has a Mobil 1 sticker under the hood. Several other manufacturers spec it as their recommended brand. They're also the largest oil company.

I liked both of them.. well I used Mobil Super Synthetic. I give a slight edge to the Quaker State Ultimate Durability. But I agree 100% that the Mobil containers are great. I use my old 5 qt Mobil Super Synthetic containers for old oil storage and transport.

However, I think others opinions on here are the way to go really. Try the Mobil one.

I think every car is different. Our Elantra and Civic both run a bit quieter and get a little more mpg on QSUD than with Mobil-1 AFE. Still haven't tried the EP yet though. I guess our cars like Shell products more because Pennzoil Platinum also works great in them.

Neither...go with the best - Pennzoil, and forget the rest
wink.gif

HAHA....jk of course.
You really can't go wrong with most major brands...it's really a mater of preference and if your doing UOA, what your engine responds to.

Last edited:
I'd go with the QSUD. I'm currently running M1 in a 2015 Honda Accord. It works great but next change I'm going to give QSUD a try and see if it quiets the engine a little more.

Both are fine oils and I'd use either but Mobil 1 seemed to last longer according to UOAs
that I read on the Cruze 1.4 turbo. I think I'd prefer Mobil 1 if I were running 10K OCIs.

You could go with either one. IMO of course, I think the QSUD has the winning edge in formulation. M1 could go longer in a drain Idk. I am presently using the 5w30 QSUD in two of my vehicles. May go to three, we'll see.

I switched to QSUD from M1 after looking at the PQIA test results for 5W30, and then switched right back after reading about the potential connection between LSPI in DIT engines and the calcium content of the motor oil used. QSUD 5W30 had moderate calcium levels according to the PQIA, while M1 is low calcium. My car was actually recalled due to LSPI concerns and I passed the leakdown tests with flying colors...no idea if my choice of oil had anything to do with that, of course!
I think that both are great oils for general use and QSUD is a little cheaper at WalMart, but M1 5W30 had a somewhat higher TBN and might be better for longer drain intervals. I am basing this on 3 year old test results, so formulations may have changes substantially...

Running M1 in my Cruze 1.4T since day one - I don't have a DB meter to check this noise thing.
Have been on treads wrt to the Dex VI in mine - flipped a gallon twice so ATF did not look like Amalie 30 w/ 10k on it.

Subaru seems disturbingly noisier with the M1 EP. Fuel mileage is same as the cheapest stuff the dealer uses. Oil usage is same or possibly worse. I was going to try and extend the OCI with the EP but I may not.

I have NO complaints about the 5w30 SS magnetic in the nissan. Stellar stuff. Quiet, smooth, good power (at the upper torque peak) is maintained as well or better than any current "advertised" synthetic". Its only falldown may be very cold start, but this all aluminum Nissan is very noisy when cold on anything.

The best cold start oil I ever experienced was Motul Eco-nergy 5w30 (the "thinner" ACEA A1 version)

Last edited:
I used Mobil 1 for a while and had a lot of engine noise, especially in cold weather. Switched to QSUD and it is amazingly quieter in my Asian engines. I guess it really depends on the engine. Still using Mobil 1-EP in my Ford Transit turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back