Mobil 1 or no

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it for a long time, its a great oil.
So I see many people hate on Mobil 1, especially after certain Ford youtubers put it down. What I want to see is everyone's personal experience with Mobil 1.

How long have you been using it.
Which Mobil 1 do you use.
Do you experience a louder/noisy engine while using Mobil 1.
Do you experience excessive iron or wear metals in your oil according to lab tests.
Which vehicle and how many miles are on it.

Me personally I do not use Mobil 1 but I am still curious of what experiences others have using it.
I've used it for decades. Its a quality oil. No issues. Use with confidence.

Mobil 1 was the most used oil on this site in 2022 as well

Go check out the thread for that

You have a lot of people asking questions in this thread.
What I see is a lot of people trying to turn this thread into something it is not and avoiding the purpose of this thread which is to share personal experiences with Mobil 1. And a few people actually giving their experiences with it.

I will not be responding to irrelevant replies.

What I see is a lot of people trying to turn this thread into something it is not and avoiding the purpose of this thread which is to share personal experiences with Mobil 1. And a few people actually giving their experiences with it.
Maybe try some yourself for some first hand experience ... ;) I ran Mobil 5W-30 in 3 different vehicles and it did fine, all spotless inside the valve covers. Trying some Valvoline Advanced now.

Mobil 1 was the most used oil on this site in 2022 as well

Go check out the thread for that
That is inaccurate.
Mobil and Devlac (combined; all of their products) had the highest response in use. However:
- it is incorrect to say that M1 is "the most used oil on this site" because M1 is only one of many products that were combined into that first place standing
- it is incorrect to say that M1 is "the most used oil on this site" because the unofficial poll did not, in any way, survey ALL Bitog members, nor was it done in a statistically representative manner
- this is typical of many folks who see some result, and don't ask questions about how that result came to be, and then take that same result and spread is as gospel depsite the inaccuracy inherrent therein

Last edited:
Furious said:
So I see many people hate on Mobil 1, especially after certain Ford youtubers put it down.
Furious said:
What I see is a lot of people trying to turn this thread into something it is not and avoiding the purpose of this thread
I would suggest that you tainted the thread when you brought the "hate" word into it in your initial post.

Furious said:
What I want to see is everyone's personal experience with Mobil 1.
I would also suggest that if you want to understand the impression of those who use the M1 products, GO READ the bazillion threads here that already exist, instead of starting yet another one.

Thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back