Mobil 1 or no

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see many people hate on Mobil 1, especially after certain Ford youtubers put it down. What I want to see is everyone's personal experience with Mobil 1.

How long have you been using it.
Which Mobil 1 do you use.
Do you experience a louder/noisy engine while using Mobil 1.
Do you experience excessive iron or wear metals in your oil according to lab tests.
Which vehicle and how many miles are on it.

Me personally I do not use Mobil 1 but I am still curious of what experiences others have using it.

Ahh, the old "hate" thing again.

If you don't use the brand and apparently don't have any intention of doing so, what is this thread for other than a trolling or fishing expedition?

Hint: there are similar existing threads if you care to look.

Have Mobil 1 0w-20 EP version in a Subaru. It seems like any other oil. No louder, same mileage as usual. Nothing to report.

It's like any oil, it's seems more and more like they may be headed towards cost reduction, and using less and less of more expensive base oils in their formulations, can't say I'd recommend any Mobil 1 product more or less than I would any other equivalent full synthetic oil.

So I see many people hate on Mobil 1, especially after certain Ford youtubers put it down. What I want to see is everyone's personal experience with Mobil 1.

How long have you been using it.
Which Mobil 1 do you use.
Do you experience a louder/noisy engine while using Mobil 1.
Do you experience excessive iron or wear metals in your oil according to lab tests.
Which vehicle and how many miles are on it.

Me personally I do not use Mobil 1 but I am still curious of what experiences others have using it.
Decades:

My engines were so loud that the neighbors called the police
There was so much metal in the filter that the threads broke

Seriously - stay off websites with nothing but 🦜 🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜

Mobil1 has a proven track record and is certainly a good product. I think that those who don’t like/use it is due to several(one or more) reasons such as:

*high Fe in UOAs regardless of miles
*some grades can make engines more auditable
*higher price than many other synthetic oils but IMO, are more competitive priced than before.

Ahh, the old "hate" thing again.

If you don't use the brand and apparently don't have any intention of doing so, what is this thread for other than a trolling or fishing expedition?

Hint: there are similar existing threads if you care to look.
Maybe you should re-read my thread. Where did I say anything hateful about Mobil 1?, where did I say I have no intention of using Mobil 1.

Also the intention of the thread is very clearly stated.

Last edited:
I'm curious which YouTube channels are hating on Mobil-1. The ford mechanic guy says not to waste your money on boutique oils and he shows an excellent example of a engine that has had nothing but M-1 at recommended intervals and it was flawless.

If someone on YouTube is hating on Mobil (or any other brand of oil) there's a very strong chance that they have a monetary interest in the brand from Superior, WI.

I ran the vanilla 5w-30 in my car over the summer. It performed no different than any other oil I’ve ran. I’ve never been able to tell a difference between brands like some claim to. As a matter of fact, I have two changes worth of 5w-30 EP ready to go, I got them while they were on sale. I’ve had oils that burned off more than others, but it wasn’t a crazy amount.

Maybe you should re-read my thread. Where did I say anything hateful about Mobil 1?, where did I say I have no intention of using Mobil 1.

Also the intention of the thread is very clearly stated.
You have a lot of people asking questions in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back