Mobil 1 M1C-453a C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2010 tundra 5.7L. 297,000 miles

in service 20,000miles (shop guy said he couldn’t afford for me to change it again)

out/off: 8 quarts Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-20 with Mobil 1 M1C-453a

in/on: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5W-30 with carquest premium 84041

cant believe it looks this good for the mileage. i told the guy not to do it again.

IMG_6279.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

IMG_6284.jpeg

in service 20,000miles (shop guy said he couldn’t afford for me to change it again)

cant believe it looks this good for the mileage. i told the guy not to do it again.

View attachment 210996

View attachment 210997

View attachment 210998

View attachment 210999

View attachment 211000

View attachment 211001

Looks real good. Nice photos and cut and post. I appreciate it; Thank Yiu BrendanC 🍺👍😍🇨🇦🇺🇸

Cracks in the rubber at end of the center tube. Filter ran too long, and that rubber is probably getting hard. Cracking not good, as that's the first step to possible chunks coming off and going who knows where. Tell the guy he needs to service before 20K miles, lol.

Cracks in the rubber at end of the center tube. Filter ran too long, and that rubber is probably getting hard. Cracking not good, as that's the first step to possible chunks coming off and going who knows where. Tell the guy he needs to service before 20K miles, lol.
i gave him a chewing. with my discounts i got his oil change for $32 with quality parts/oil.

Last edited:
Wow, no end caps? Good looking filter.
Its a cartridge filter; no metal can. The sealing on the ends is with the plastic / rubber end pieces.

post heading says “C&P”, but there is no “C” involved here.

Its a cartridge filter; no metal can. The sealing on the ends is with the plastic / rubber end pieces.
Sealed with glue where there is not any "end piece". Just like Toyotoa/Denso does.

View attachment 210996

View attachment 210997

View attachment 210998

View attachment 210999

View attachment 211000

View attachment 211001
Nice!

I was referring to the sealing on each end within the oil filter housing.
The housing the cartridge filter sits into does not "seal" the ends of the cartridge. No need to since the pleats are glued shut to seal them.

Nice work as usual. Cracks are fine as long as there are no wavy pleats.

Platinum is not a 20k oil IMO you did good to scold him.

The housing the cartridge filter sits into does not "seal" the ends of the cartridge. No need to since the pleats are glued shut to seal them.
Don’t the outside ends of the filter have to contact and seal against the housing? The filter doesn’t just loosely float around in there, else there would be very little filtering going on.

Don’t the outside ends of the filter have to contact and seal against the housing? The filter doesn’t just loosely float around in there, else there would be very little filtering going on.
That's what the rubber ring around the center tube is for. The ring with the cracks in it.

Nice work as usual. Cracks are fine as long as there are no wavy pleats.

Platinum is not a 20k oil IMO you did good to scold him.
you would be suprised how clean it was coming out. i’ve had oil come out worse on 5k intervals. those toyota V8’s are amazing pieces of machinery.

post heading says “C&P”, but there is no “C” involved here.
Oh, makes sense then. I saw the black can cut open on the drain pan and I thought this filter came from that. I was surprised since I've never seen a regular mobil 1 filter without end caps.

Last edited:
Back