Mobil 1 M1-205A EXTENDED PERFORMANCE filter cut open

Good morning BITOGERS. Got this filter while back at Wal Mart on clearance for $4. Tried finding something to use and offering it for FREE here and no takers.

Construction looks good to me. Louvers even look good. Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_8675.jpeg
    IMG_8675.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8678.jpeg
    IMG_8678.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8679.jpeg
    IMG_8679.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8681.jpeg
    IMG_8681.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8685.jpeg
    IMG_8685.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8684.jpeg
    IMG_8684.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8682.jpeg
    IMG_8682.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8676.jpeg
    IMG_8676.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 46
I think it would be awesome if you could do a flashlight test to see if the leaf spring seals completely against the filter. Totally your call though.

IMG_8685.jpeg

Similar test

I think it would be awesome if you could do a flashlight test to see if the leaf spring seals completely against the filter. Totally your call though.

View attachment 193247

Similar test

I did look down through there after popping anti siphon valve out. No light shined thru. Filter burned out already and in my scrap metal box& bin

I like the pleat spacing, metal caps, and centre tube. Not a fan of the leaf spring with integrated bypass. This particular one may be fine, but the design seems susceptible to leaks if there are QC issues. The media looks to be plain old cellulose, so I'm skeptical of the "high efficiency" claim.

Around here, these Mobil filters cost 50% more than a FRAM Ultra. It's a decent filter overall, but a terrible value.

I like the pleat spacing, metal caps, and centre tube. Not a fan of the leaf spring with integrated bypass. This particular one may be fine, but the design seems susceptible to leaks if there are QC issues. The media looks to be plain old cellulose, so I'm skeptical of the "high efficiency" claim.

Around here, these Mobil filters cost 50% more than a FRAM Ultra. It's a decent filter overall, but a terrible value.
Filter design is fine. Designed for fords with ZETEC engine. I ran one of these on my old Camry and it did fine ober 11k. I like champ labs/first brands bypass myself. It has a antinsiphon valve as well.

The media looks to be plain old cellulose, so I'm skeptical of the "high efficiency" claim.
Could be a blend. What's their "high efficiency" claim in xx% @ yy microns?

Could be a blend. What's their "high efficiency" claim in xx% @ yy microns?
I'm used to the synthetic blends from Purolator and some others brands having a sparkly appearance from glass fiber in the blend, but Mobil does claim that it's a synthetic blend. Claimed efficiency is 99% at 30 micron.

Good morning BITOGERS. Got this filter while back at Wal Mart on clearance for $4. Tried finding something to use and offering it for FREE here and no takers.

Construction looks good to me. Louvers even look good. Enjoy the photos.
Silicone or natural anti drainback valve? Spring or stamp steel?

Back