Mobil 1 Euro 0w40 in a BMW e46 -good idea when without LL-01

Depends. Their VCM engines are going to bomb your transmission bcs. $50 oil pressure switch. My FIL went three times to Honda dealership to complain about shudder and they couldn’t diagnose. I replaced it once it failed and Google offered answer in few seconds. Reading further issues around it is like reading BMW N63 issues, but in a car resembling average refrigerator.
VCM sucks...the end. We had an '06 Honda Odyssey with it and it was horrible in that it toasted the motor mounts and they were $$$ b/c of the need to control the vibrations. Horrible system to save a few bucks in fuel.

VCM sucks...the end. We had an '06 Honda Odyssey with it and it was horrible in that it toasted the motor mounts and they were $$$ b/c of the need to control the vibrations. Horrible system to save a few bucks in fuel.
The gem is that mpg still suck and has two oil switches. Most common one is $50. But one on bank2 is $307 and that one also fails.
As for mpg, 20mpg is achievement of gigantic proportions.

The gem is that mpg still suck and has two oil switches. Most common one is $50. But one on bank2 is $307 and that one also fails.
As for mpg, 20mpg is achievement of gigantic proportions.
We never had oil system issues, we had it about 9 years bought used/a few years old. 135K or so on it. Went through several motor mounts at a grand a pop. MPGs were pretty dismal in that van but it was a great family vehicle - highway mpgs maybe 23 or so but around town....14...maybe. It's about the same as our Atlas.

We never had oil system issues, we had it about 9 years bought used/a few years old. 135K or so on it. Went through several motor mounts at a grand a pop. MPGs were pretty dismal in that van but it was a great family vehicle - highway mpgs maybe 23 or so but around town....14...maybe. It's about the same as our Atlas.
That is older 3.0 V6. My FIL has 2004 Pilot in Vegas. I didn’t know mounts are an issue, and THAT expensive. Not sure how they differ from BMW hydraulic ones that go for $58?
But, that generation has big transmission issues. Still, I actually prefer that one over 2009.

Back