Mobil 1 ESP 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Glad to see this oil in the US finally. It's been on the UK and GE Mobil sites for a while.

Still not on the ESP oils page though.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-esp

If I were a betting man, I would wager that the appearance of this product (and it is LL-04) and the disappearance of the PDS for M1 0w-40 are not a coincidence and they are shuffling some things around.

We will likely see a new version of M1 0w-40 shortly.

I agree. It is likely we will see a new 0w40 with a lower SA.

For when I am out of warranty (under 20k miles now), I would love to see this oil with lower calcium!

That's a pretty impressive looking oil.

I especially like it's a C3 oil with a TBN of 7.8 which is up there for a low (or lower) SAPS oil. Means you should be able to go a decent distance in a petrol car.

A good oil for somebody who owns both petrol and diesel cars, and wants to stock only one oil in a heavier weight. This is the sort of oil you would be tempted to buy in a 60 L (or maybe even 200L ) drum.

Last edited:
I need this oil...now lol The lower SA and decent TBN would be great for the car in my signature. Hoping it will be around for my first OC.

I got a reply from XOM

Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 will be offered in the US only to GM dealers. I don’t know the reason behind this, but that’s the information I have.
Regards,

Steve W. Scott
Americas Technical Help Desk
ExxonMobil Products Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back